Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

There was no foul on the keeper anyway, he was entitled to go for what was a 50-50 ball.
Absolutely, you could also argue Haaland is in control of his movements but Alisson isn’t as he’s gone to ground at the feet of an opposition player

Too slow start today. Against Utd we were at it from the off. Should have blitzed them early doors. Oh and defended our six yard box rather than theirs. Salah would have nothing to run at then.

How do you know that?
By the fact that Taylor looked at the Fabinho challenge on the monitor in the ground and MOTD2 telling the nation that they had it clarified that it would have been disallowed for the other challenge too.

I mean, they could be lying, but it seems a silly thing to lie about.

What did he do?
Nothing lol

Apart from taking the ball in tight spaces.
Trying to pass and link up play
Creating space for others
Win the ball back quickly
Track back and get in and amongst the scouse rats

Other than that….. he was anonymous lol

I think that most posters agree:-
1) We went Into the game giving Liverpool far too much respect
2) We had the wrong starting 11
3) The tactics used seemed to cause problems for our own players and led to a few having a poor game
4) Cancelo needs to show significant improvement in his defending
5) Alvarez, and possibly Grealish should have been given game time. 2 minutes at the end for Alvarez seemed pretty pointless.

The fact of the matter is that the game has now gone and we move on to Brighton next Saturday. Whether todays result will have a bearing on the outcome of the league this season will not be known for a long time, so no use dwelling on today’s result. Put this one to bed and let’s get behind the team and the manager from the off on Saturday.

It’s not the point though.

They would only have been checked if a goal had been scored, like it did with our goal.

MOTD2 have said it was confirmed to them that the goal would have been ruled out for Haaland’s challenge on their keeper anyway.
If that is the case re. the challenge on Allison then the way the game is officiated is even more rancid than I thought. I suppose if Taylor disagreed with both he would’ve been told to rewind to the corner that never was…

What is the point in linesman? If both the ref and the linesman don’t whistle/flag after seeing the game in real time then let it go. Both are now neutered. And it’s why the use of VAR feels suspicious.

I don’t usually find much to agree with Martin Tyler, but he did suggest refs should see replays in real time, not the slo-mo angle they’re given.

Absolute rats, victims and stain of a club......and the manager is a thunder twunt.
Milner and Gomez should have been targeted and Jack would have had them both booked within 5 minutes

Smash them at home

If we beat them at home and win the title, nobody will care about this game.

You won't win every game against your top rivals. Has there been a team that beat everybody twice in a season who was considered a close rival to them? If so can't be many...

Fuck this game, it's about longevity and I guarantee this is all the scousers will have to celebrate at the end of the year. Let's watch in pity as they celebrate the "we won a game against you this season" award again come May. For that reason I know I'd rather be a City fan right now.

Pep got it wrong at Anfield, but we'll have the last laugh.

It’s not, I thought he either missed or let quite a few clear fouls go that had they led to a goal, VAR would have asked him to check again.

On our goal, from his angle I’m not sure he would have seen it, it was pretty well hidden.
If he can't see it then it's not a clear and obvious error, therefore VAR should not have been involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.