Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is the case re. the challenge on Allison then the way the game is officiated is even more rancid than I thought. I suppose if Taylor disagreed with both he would’ve been told to rewind to the corner that never was…

What is the point in linesman? If both the ref and the linesman don’t whistle/flag after seeing the game in real time then let it go. Both are now neutered. And it’s why the use of VAR feels suspicious.

I don’t usually find much to agree with Martin Tyler, but he did suggest refs should see replays in real time, not the slo-mo angle they’re given.
At the end of the day, football is a subjective sport at the mercy of officials.

I actually thought Taylor refereed the game superbly, by not blowing up for every potential foul.

That doesn’t mean that VAR shouldn’t get involved if they spot a shirt pull in the build up to a goal. The referee can’t see everything in real time.

I think the keeper challenge is a 50/50 call. You could argue both cases for it being a foul and not being a foul with equal merit.

People saying we had the wrong line up (which i agree with) however in the pre-match thread the majority were saying they wanted Rodri / Gundo combination with Grealish on the bench. think Grealish would have had a field day out there.

If he can't see it then it's not a clear and obvious error, therefore VAR should not have been involved.

Eh? That’s (hopefully) what happens most times VAR intervenes, if not then they’re all even more incompetent than people already think.

By the fact that Taylor looked at the Fabinho challenge on the monitor in the ground and MOTD2 telling the nation that they had it clarified that it would have been disallowed for the other challenge too.

I mean, they could be lying, but it seems a silly thing to lie about.
Well Mike Dean (DM Article) has just stated he didn’t think Alisson had control of the ball, and it never got to that stage anyway, which suggests they felt there was enough in the Haaland Challenge to disallow it, why would you then come out & say we would’ve disallowed it for a foul on the keeper? Absolute nonsense, they’re just trying to add weight to a flawed argument because they know Pep has called it right

Well Mike Dean (DM Article) has just stated he didn’t think Alisson had control of the ball, and it never got to that stage anyway, which suggests they felt there was enough in the Haaland Challenge to disallow it, why would you then come out & say we would’ve disallowed it for a foul on the keeper? Absolute nonsense, they’re just trying to add weight to a flawed argument because they know Pep has called it right
I don’t know Mr Jesus. All I said was what I saw and heard.

It didn’t surprise me that it was disallowed as there was a clear tug of the shirt.

Got what we deserved, fuck all.

All on Pep, far too passive in the first half and Bernie wasted out wide.

De Bruyne and Cancelo were absolutely shocking, both in terms of positional play and quality on the ball.

That Liverpool team was an embarrassment and they beat us because both Pep and the players thought they were playing the occasion rather than the game.

Only Phil and Eddie comes out of that game with any credit.

What's Pep fucking waiting for, Alvarez with two to go?

He treats them with far too much respect.
100% agree… although Bernado was superb and Rodri honourable mention

People saying we had the wrong line up (which i agree with) however in the pre-match thread the majority were saying they wanted Rodri / Gundo combination with Grealish on the bench. think Grealish would have had a field day out there.

Looking back now I 100% wish Grealish would’ve started on the left
We didn’t know before KO Foden wasn’t going to attempt to run at Milner though

Just watched it, I'm sick as fuck. wtf actual fuck Pep ?
It seems we can't do it a Clanfield. Just seem to bottle it every time and unable to play our game. Pep fucked it up again. As he seems to in these big occasions.
I feel sick now, the scouse rats are bouyant again. Now their miserable season changes.

Love Pep but he overthinks these games. Can't believe that scoreline, 0 goals against that lot.

At the end of the day, football is a subjective sport at the mercy of officials.

I actually thought Taylor refereed the game superbly, by not blowing up for every potential foul.

That doesn’t mean that VAR shouldn’t get involved if they spot a shirt pull in the build up to a goal. The referee can’t see everything in real time.

I think the keeper challenge is a 50/50 call. You could argue both cases for it being a foul and not being a foul with equal merit.
You’ve got to be on the wind-up! You want to praise the ref for refereeing the game using subjective lenience then have this completely torn up when a team scores? (CONSISTENCY MAN!) Nobody is saying he didn’t pull his shirt, just that it fell within the parameters of how he’d reffed the rest of the game. If this is how games are to be reffed in future most games will finish 0-0. You ever heard the phrase moving the goalposts? That’s what the ref/var have done in this instance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.