Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t want to go round in circles on this. I just find it utterly pointless for a referee and VAR to be reffing the game in a completely different manner. The rules are the same for both. Why is Taylor going to the managers before KO and telling them he won’t be blowing for everything if ultimately some other fella is going to have the final say on big decisions?

I think, like many others, that Taylor reffed it well today and it made for a better game, but actually, if the VAR is correct then it means that Taylor has reffed it appallingly because he must have got nearly all decisions wrong.

Let the game flow or ref it to the letter of the law…not half and half.
Yes, that's the real problem, is the ref reffing the game or is VAR? I do think he reffed it well overall, but if play is going to be pulled back for a foul after a goal, then he might as well forget letting the game flow and just blow for the foul in the first place, because there's no point playing on.

It's the consistency of VAR that's the problem. West Ham's Scamacca player gets his shirt pulled twice in the box far more vigorously than Haaland's tiny little shirt tug, but VAR don't see it as a foul (nor the rugby tackle on Soucek at the same time, incidentally). If the decisions are not going to be consistent, then you might as well not bother and go back to what we had before.

You’ve got to be on the wind-up! You want to praise the ref for refereeing the game using subjective lenience then have this completely torn up when a team scores? (CONSISTENCY MAN!) Nobody is saying he didn’t pull his shirt, just that it fell within the parameters of how he’d reffed the rest of the game. If this is how games are to be reffed in future most games will finish 0-0. You ever heard the phrase moving the goalposts? That’s what the ref/var have done in this instance
None of the other “fouls” that he didn’t blow for were in the lead up to a goal. That’s why there is an “inconsistency“.

He let go most of what he thought might have been a foul, which was good for the game.

If you pull the shirt of an opponent in this day and age, it’ll be scrutinised and penalised in the build up to a goal.

At the end of the day, football is a subjective sport at the mercy of officials.

I actually thought Taylor refereed the game superbly, by not blowing up for every potential foul.

That doesn’t mean that VAR shouldn’t get involved if they spot a shirt pull in the build up to a goal. The referee can’t see everything in real time.

I think the keeper challenge is a 50/50 call. You could argue both cases for it being a foul and not being a foul with equal merit.
Agree - judgement calls will be subjective, but by changing the parameters on a game by game basis makes those judgement calls much more difficult, which then has a knock on effect. Everyone wound up, dangerous tackles. I like the game to flow, but I disagree that he reffed it well. He was shit because VAR disagreed with the way he wanted to officiate. He supposedly said to the teams that he would let things go, great - if VAR is on board with that and agrees. But what he didn’t say was I’ll let things slide and won’t blow my whistle for a foul, unless a goal is scored, then I’ll blow my whistle for something which I wouldn’t blow my whistle for in other parts of the game. That isn’t subjective, that’s a game without predictable control and it’s shit.

Problem is we can easily meet them in CL QFs or semis, and I dont think we can beat them over 2 games in a high tension CL tie with or without Haaland. not with this mentality and approach we have for away games in CL.

the reason Pep is tinkering as he doesnt trust the standard approach is good enough to get the result in these big, high tension games. but does this tinkering actually makes us better or worse?

they did have Matip, TAA, Diaz out injured, Milner hardly put any any crosses into our box, TAA would have done that for sure. Diaz has lot of energy and better skills than Jota imo. Matip is a more experienced defender than Gomez.

it was certainly a good time to meet them especially with their form quite mediocre so far no surprise they are some points behind even to 4th.

this makes it very frustrating. and we seems to allow Salah to get into all these situations, his wonder goal last time we played Anfield, now 2 1v1 siatuation he had almost.

bit worried now how we will approach Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal away games we have still to play after the WC. ideally we need to get good couple of points there.

January will probably decide what we are made of, they probably reschedule the Arsenal game to that period and we have Chelsea and United away games already in Jan. and then Spurs away first game of February.

we need to get as much points as we can get going into that period.

Agree - judgement calls will be subjective, but by changing the parameters on a game by game basis makes those judgement calls much more difficult, which then has a knock on effect. Everyone wound up, dangerous tackles. I like the game to flow, but I disagree that he reffed it well. He was shit because VAR disagreed with the way he wanted to officiate. He supposedly said to the teams that he would let things go, great - if VAR is on board with that and agrees. But what he didn’t say was I’ll let things slide and won’t blow my whistle for a foul, unless a goal is scored, then I’ll blow my whistle for something which I wouldn’t blow my whistle for in other parts of the game. That isn’t subjective, that’s a game without predictable control and it’s shit.
Fair enough. Opinions hey!

90th minute sub... Moan at the ref all you want, Pep, but you out-Champions League'd yourself today.

Didn't deserve to lose, imo, but fuck me we never clocked on at the back. Same chance about 4/5 times and they took one.
Until we stop defending like the Dog and Duck in big games we will always fall short.

None of the other “fouls” that he didn’t blow for were in the lead up to a goal. That’s why there is an “inconsistency“.

He let go most of what he thought might have been a foul, which was good for the game.

If you pull the shirt of an opponent in this day and age, it’ll be scrutinised and penalised in the build up to a goal.
Ok - but how the fuck is any player going to play within those ‘rules’ - fouls are only fouls in the lead up to a goal (who the duck knows the length of time given to a ‘phase’ of play) and fans respect the process and enjoy the game.

Worst night being a blue for me for a long time this
I hate those cunts so much

Feel much more pissed off than going out to Madrid in Semi last year

FOR FUCKS SAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.