Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am putting this loss (our first of the season no less) firmly at the feet of Pep.

Say what you want about Joao’s mistake—and there is quite a lot to be said—but it should have never been 0-0 by that point in the first place.

The system was wrong, the tactics were wrong, and the sub (1 of 5) were wrong. Our lads generally didn’t play that well, to be sure, but I think a large part of that was down to the formation and tactics: Kev was wasted on the RW, Ilkay was unnecessary, if not actually a hinderance with his instructions, Phil seemingly being told to retain possession at all costs rather than test Milner.

Pep is a genius, and I wouldn’t swap him for any other manager in the world, but he got this one wrong.
Agreed on all counts, a 'latter stages Champions Leaguesque' tactical performance from Pep. Forget the impact on the title race as I still think we'll win the league. The worry is that he still hasn't learnt from years of poor tactical decision making in big games and is likely going to do the same again this year if we get to the final stages

What Cancelo should have done is wiped Salah out before the ball bounced. Instead he tried to be a clever c*nt, made the mistake, and Salah scored.

He is human, he got it wrong, same again today, but he is what he is, a brilliant manager who plays brilliant football and has delivered us so many trophies. His 90% good outweighs the 10% bad
I think you do him a disservice. He’s more like 95% great with the occasional brain fart.

No arguments there but we all know he isnt the best defensively, does not play centre half so why was he left in that position.

Salah had done the exact same thing to Dias, our actual centre half, earlier in the game so he was acutely aware of the danger but still went forward and left him one on one. Utter madness.
I agree he isn't the best defensively. None of the defence were great today.

So much about football is the mental ability to feel superior to your opponent. The players, fans, manager don’t believe we can win at anfield. Fuck knows how we change it.

Nearly every season we get done. Predictable and depressing. Anyway, once tomorrow hits we get it out of our system and go into the next match. Shame but we have been spoilt and a little bit of disappointment does nobody any harm. Up the blues.

Fortunately, no one in the media rates our chances. Gary Neville is always rubbishing us and that suits me.
You have a record of failing to deliver when it counts so its not unfair tbh. You may have turned a corner with the manager and the city signings:-) but its only October. If we don't do it I Hope you do.

Pep gets 99% credit in here and rightly so. But, his decisions at times are baffling.
Today he played the strongest team on paper.

Some could argue grealish for Gundogan but then most have been slating grealish.

In no way did pep go against the grain today.

Regarding subs, when a game is tight it’s difficult to change too much without risking affecting the rythym.

From what I saw I would have liked Foden to take on Milner more and some of the players decision making not quite there. That’s the players not pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.