Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, I think Haaland is brilliant, I was just answering a guy who said the team didn't give Haaland any chance. Haaland just as the rest of the team was poor today.
He still had 3 of our 6 on target attempts.

No sympathy for us today. De Bruyne disappeared most of the game. Cancelo was exposed several times. He can't defend for toffee. Haaland had an off day. Only Foden and Silva for me got decent pass marks. We got what we deserved.....nothing. We're far too soft at Anfield. We're beaten before a ball is kicked. Only win in 20 years was when there was not crowd and Liverpool were on a shocking home run. We have work to do now as the London clubs will be a real challenge this season. So disappointed we didn't kill Liverpool off. Big chance and we blew the audition.
Rodri had a decent game

Nope. The truth. If you don't think one of his mandates was to win at least one CL with City then I don't know what to tell you. And what do you think the narrative will be if he doesn't win it with us? It will be dragged up time immemorial to tarnish his reputation.

He doesn't leave here a complete success if he doesn't win it at least once. He can't keep failing in Europe, and we, as fans, can't keep brushing it under the carpet as though it isn't a big deal. It's as simple as that.

Not sure you speak for all City fans.

Watched. You were the better team and created more chances. Liverpool crowd was up for it and things just rubbed there way today. It happens. You’ll win the league , they won’t
Did you think VAR was used correctly today? Was it used to correct and "clear and obvious" errors as required in the guidelines? Was it used to only correct any errors the referee had missed and not to re-referee an ongoing game?

Last edited:
Yup its not as life affecting for me. Titles at the end of the season are.
It’s not life affecting for anyone that includes leagues or we’d all be dead. The result matters to others and people calling other Fannie’s and so on because they don’t see it that way is pathetic. 3 points today would’ve been nice to assist your PL league trophy and been nice for all who simply want to stop this Klanfield hoodoo also. Anyway arsenal appear to be the contenders this season and Spurs ( they’ll drop I feel) slipping in quietly behind. The league is far from decided but it’s next season to put those bastards to the sword at that shithole. Wishful thoughts.

Nope. The truth. If you don't think one of his mandates was to win at least one CL with City then I don't know what to tell you. And what do you think the narrative will be if he doesn't win it with us? It will be dragged up time immemorial to tarnish his reputation.

He doesn't leave here a complete success if he doesn't win it at least once. He can't keep failing in Europe, and we, as fans, can't keep brushing it under the carpet as though it isn't a big deal. It's as simple as that.
I don't think we have the quality to win CL to be fair, we have a great technical team passing wise, and when KDB plays in correct position Haaland has a chance. Problem being we do have deficiencies n speed dep't and we set up in such an unnatural way to counteract speed, and it makes it worse. Id rather us stick it out and try and win these games 3 - 2 ...what he tried to do was block off all over laps to our detriment. When he found out Milner was playing sacrifice one of the players, get Grealish on and KDB playing deep centre, ok, extra cover on the Robertson side may be needed but to do nothing when Milner was playing = wasted opportunity. Got what we deserved today

That’s why we will never win the CL. Pep always overthinks it. No clue why.
Wow, what a miserable attitude to our team. Yes, we had plenty of warnings with the endless stream of long balls and most teams would have had more of an insurance policy at the back as the game wore on, but I'm not going to blame our god of a coach. Shit happens and we hate it.

You weren’t listening to the same match as me mate, not being funny but it might be your TV or something because that place was roaring from start to finish
It certainly wasn’t - usual cult song at the beginning and they were quite until the city goal was disallowed… after that fair play the atmosphere was decent

You weren’t listening to the same match as me mate, not being funny but it might be your TV or something because that place was roaring from start to finish

I went! I didn't need to hear it on the TV.

No it wasn't from start to finish.

There were plenty of quiet periods during the match from Liverpool fans

The KOP did sing at times before Salah scored. Once Salah scored the whole ground joined in.

Did you hear City fans singing "where's your famous atmosphere?" And going ssssh?

It’s not life affecting for anyone that includes leagues or we’d all be dead. The result matters to others and people calling other Fannie’s and so on because they don’t see it that way is pathetic. 3 points today would’ve been nice to assist your PL league trophy and been nice for all who simply want to stop this Klanfield hoodoo also. Anyway arsenal appear to be the contenders this season and Spurs ( they’ll drop I feel) slipping in quietly behind. The league is far from decided but it’s next season to put those bastards to the sword at that shithole. Wishful thoughts.
Conte will not let Spurs drop - he is one top manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.