Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not go there since I am among many who believe that if a check for offside had been necessary Richarlson would have been deemed off. The facts are it was not deemed a handball and therefore no need for a VAR check for offsides. How that was twisted and manipulated into there was no offside by the City haters including the media was ridiculous.
Yeah, we lost and didn’t play very well. We still might have won, but didn’t.

Roll on Brighton.

Can someone please explain why we have 2 of our players for nearly every corner kick? I get it that we keep them guessing whether it’s going to be an in-swinger or and out-swinger or a set piece but generally it seems a total waste of an attacking player?
It’s for the short corner potential. Whether it is played short is dependent on how the opposition set up to defend it and whether Cancelo has sneaked to the corner of the box to create a 3 on 2.

Still seething from that goal we gave away yesterday. From schoolboy football through to my adult football days, it was always make sure you don't leave one on one at the back when we have a corner or free kick. Pep and his team are obviously brilliant coaches, but that was such a basic mistake to make.
Especially against the worst 1 v 1 defender in the entire back 5

It’s for the short corner potential. Whether it is played short is dependent on how the opposition set up to defend it and whether Cancelo has sneaked to the corner of the box to create a 3 on 2.
And can also draw their players out of a congested area, some teams will only commit one player to defend a short corner, some go with two, if there’s a miscommunication then several players can be dragged out of position, creating an overload, unfortunately ours on Sunday where piss poor and made the extra man stood there look like a plank

And can also draw their players out of a congested area, some teams will only commit one player to defend a short corner, some go with two, if there’s a miscommunication then several players can be dragged out of position, creating an overload, unfortunately ours on Sunday where piss poor and made the extra man stood there look like a plank
Yeah frazzled, over thinking brains made consistently poor decisions.

All any of those show is a ball near an arm. The movement of the ball doesn't change, the spin on the ball doesn't change. I hate the dippers but this is grasping at straws.

Ask yourself, if this was Erling beating Robertson and scoring, would you be shouting at the telly for the goal to be disallowed for 'fair play'.

Can someone please explain why we have 2 of our players for nearly every corner kick? I get it that we keep them guessing whether it’s going to be an in-swinger or and out-swinger or a set piece but generally it seems a total waste of an attacking player?

Sometimes defending team move 2 defenders out of the box to cover... so less congestion in the box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.