Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Some real Bell Ends on here and on social media slating Mahrez. Embarrassing. Things like this happen over 90 minutes.
Should all get behind him. Its not like he missed on purpose. Great hes put a brave face on it publicly. John Stones said it himself how devastated Mahrez was in the dressing room at FT. He will come good. Took Sane and Bernardo to get up to speed with our team too.

Not on social media anymore so don't know what level of slating he is getting. He shouldn't be slated but it should be acknowledged that it was a shocking penalty and for a man as technically gifted as him to not hit the target is very poor. I'm more disappointed with his performance than the penalty.

It'll be interesting to see how we play in the home game. I guess it will depend on the state of the league at that point.

After years of Balotelli and Yaya, I think we’ve all taken for granted, the importance of clinical penalty precision. Mahrez, took the blame yesterday, but I didn't see many options in a sky blue shirt.
Our recent shootout record has been phenomenal, and it’s the same argument for keeping Bravo as reserve goalkeeper, because so many big games go to penalties.

Aguero, Jesus, and KDB have all missed in recent seasons, and it’s a shame that Gundogan was injured.

Otherwise, I don’t see many players who would fill me with confidence.
A penalty requires a shot to be on target before it has a chance to score. The goalie did not need to do anything.
In other words it appears that Mz. has the same inability to consistently shoot between the sticks our team has somehow contrived to achieve over the last couple of seasons.

Mahrez said regarding penalties "sometimes you score sometimes you miss".

Don't think Yaya would say that!

Feels like we adapted our tactics to this match and it paid off. Good to see with Pep.. not as stubborn as we thought. A lot of blues are getting right on my nerves. "Why's he took Aguero off?" "Sane should start" "Mahrez is not good enough".
The coach see's things you don't. Aguero touched the ball twice in their area. Jesus as a sub.. 3. Mahrez touched the ball 7 times. More than any other player, despite being deployed deeper than normal. Sane showed with the pen, he's great at getting in the right places. But as you'll have seen when a Liverpool player ran down the touchline for 70 yards and got a cross in, it was because dear old Leroy stuttered as to whether to track him or not. He HAS to learn to do this especially when Mendy is trying to deal with Salah.

All in all, a good result. But our passing was so bad early doors I don't think it deserved an outright win.

I was fucking fuming when Mahrez missed the penalty and I was calling him all the names under the sun, but that's only because I was watching on TV .
I probably would have said oh for fucks sake if i was at the game.
Like most blues we get carried away with emotion when watching us but then we calm down and carry on as usual.
Mahrez probably feels terrible now and the last thing he needs is blues slagging him off.
He's a quality player who like other players who join us needs time to settle in ...fully expecting him to get up to speed in a few more games if he's given a run in the team.
Anyway it's water under the bridge now with regards to the penalty miss...would have been reasonably happy with a point before the game, but still think we should have won because we were the better team.
It's a better point for us than for them considering they were at home and thought they would run us all over.
Deluded C.unts aren't they

Cheers mat.. I thought it was something psychological going on.
We did it there after our LC final win too. I'm guessing the shirt sing selling.

I understand the physiological angle though. It's a bonus if that was the case too.

Yeah i thought so too. He was really careless in possession. He did a good job defensively with a few interceptions, including denying a certain goal from Salah, but gave the ball away in dangerous positions on several occasions which could have easily cost us. For some reason, I'm more comfortable with Delph in these types of games. He's not as explosive but is more controlled.
I put it down to rustiness but on another day we’d have paid for it. Early on Salah shot wide I think from a Mendy mistake. Still it’s good he’s back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.