Liverpool (a) pre-match thread

Liverpool (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever we do, it needs to be different.

Go out there and be really physical from the get go, risk a few bookings.

Stack the side defensively and play negative. Or stack it offensively and go for the kill straight away

Whatever it is, we need to mix it up because whatever we've done over the years hasn't worked
The moment we get physical we loose a player, and then it's effectively game over.

Of course, they won't be playing by the same rules, so we'll just have to beat them by playing at our best, and hope we don't get screwed by the officials.

I think Pep has been guilty of overthinking this game in the past. Gundogan as a right winger last time at Anfield was just absolutely absurd.

You could see on the documentary how worried he is about them, particularly Salah.

I just think we need to have confidence in ourselves. Let them worry about us, we're a fantastic side when we do what we're good at. Evidently, much better than they are.

Assuming they're all fit, I'd go:

............Ederson
Walker..VK..Laporte..Mendy
.........Fernandinho
......KDB........Dave
Sterling...Agueo...Sané

The only thing I'd change is in the first 10 minutes I'd go front to back a bit more. Force them back and eliminate the chances of us making any silly mistakes when they fly out of the blocks at us.

Then in midfield I'd drop Kev back a bit deeper in the build up so Fernandinho isn't isolated, and get our midfield three to play one touch, no dwelling on the ball whatsoever, that's how Cheslea tore them apart in midfield.

Pep is a great student of the game and I actually think this is good timing for us, because he's got the two Chelsea games and the Napoli game to work from in coming up with an effective game plan.

Make slight adjustments to deal with them, for sure. But we shouldn't be making wholesale personnel and shape changes just because we're playing Liverpool. Stick to what we're outstanding at, and let them worry about how to stop us.

My expectations for this fixture couldn't be any lower so whatever we get other than a defeat is a bonus to me.

I'm not sure I understand those advocating a tactical change though. Generally we just do what we do and we do it better than liverpool.

It's not football that beats us at Anfield.

Its fucking weird.

If Dinho is on his own in front of the back line for the first 60 minutes we lose. Continue with the back line that finished against Hoffenhiem - who were playing similar tactics to Lyon who were copying Liverpool. Raz has never played a good game against Liverpool so he starts on the bench.
Pack the central midfield to start with as follows:

............................Eddie...........................
..............Walker....Kompany .Laporte..............
......................Stones ...Dinho.....................
......................Bernie....Dave.......................
........Marhez..........Sergio...............Leroy......

When Liverpool start to tire bring on Raz and Mendy
The old WM formation eh? Old school, I like it.

I think Pep has been guilty of overthinking this game in the past. Gundogan as a right winger last time at Anfield was just absolutely absurd.

You could see on the documentary how worried he is about them, particularly Salah.

I just think we need to have confidence in ourselves. Let them worry about us, we're a fantastic side when we do what we're good at. Evidently, much better than they are.

Assuming they're all fit, I'd go:

............Ederson
Walker..VK..Laporte..Mendy
.........Fernandinho
1......KDB........Dave
Sterling...Agueo...Sané

The only thing I'd change is in the first 10 minutes I'd go front to back a bit more. Force them back and eliminate the chances of us making any silly mistakes when they fly out of the blocks at us.

Then in midfield I'd drop Kev back a bit deeper in the build up so Fernandinho isn't isolated, and get our midfield three to play one touch, no dwelling on the ball whatsoever, that's how Cheslea tore them apart in midfield.

Pep is a great student of the game and I actually think this is good timing for us, because he's got the two Chelsea games and the Napoli game to work from in coming up with an effective game plan.

Make slight adjustments to deal with them, for sure. But we shouldn't be making wholesale personnel and shape changes just because we're playing Liverpool. Stick to what we're outstanding at, and let them worry about how to stop us.

I dont know what it is we'll be the better side play the better football,have 70% possesion and get beat.

Lot of people saying this is a title decider. That's bollocks.
A draw would be a good result for us and not a disaster for Liverpool considering the run of fixtures they've just had so that's what I'm going for with a few goals, 2-2
I definitely wouldn't start with Sterling or KDB. Pretty sure PEP won't begin with those 2.

Lot of people saying this is a title decider. That's bollocks.
A draw would be a good result for us and not a disaster for Liverpool considering the run of fixtures they've just had so that's what I'm going for with a few goals, 2-2
I definitely wouldn't start with Sterling or KDB. Pretty sure PEP won't begin with those 2.
Sterling will start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.