Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

The first I knew about a minute's silence being planned was when the BBC match commentator Wilson? started reeling off a speech about the 97 dead and their families being denied justice and being subjected to years of cover-ups, it sounded more like a rant and then when I looked at the TV the players were lining up for a tribute, I heard a cheer/fan noise and then loud booing but I was watching on my phone in a layby on a break from work.
It’s time these tributes were put to bed, they can only cause trouble. There’s plenty of disasters/loss of life that don’t remember in public, just keep it private. If Liverpool fans feel the need they can organise a remembrance at their own ground in a non match day.

Two wrongs don’t make a right but they’ve disrespected the Munich remembrance in the past and they’ve never acknowledged Hysel.

Time to stop now but I’ll say it one more time RIP the innocent 97.

so are you saying he went for it? cos if so we're fucked.
you don't have a weakened squad and then make 5 further changes . as it happens he had no choice and his was right to.
make no mistake , against them, he knew we would get beat.
So you are saying he didn’t throw it now then ?

Do I even bother writing to the club/FA about the Scouse scum who infiltrated the block above us, spat at us and threw stuff, eventually injuring a young girl who left Wembley in tears with a suspected fractured arm? We were in 109. There was about 20 of them above us waving flags, not even subtle.

My instinct tells me it is a thankless task complaining because the scousers are untouchable and trademarked the word ‘victim’.

Scousers causing trouble at a football match and inciting violence?

Never heard that one before. I’m shocked. Shocked I tell thee.

Let's not forget the FA did us no favours on the date.
Had the game been today the outcome could have been different.
Twats

While this might have been true for some of our fans who were just coming down from the concourse; there were also boos in our end and one lad further along on my row shouted something like “what about the 39 from Heysel you cunts?!” as well as a few other shouts dotted around.

Never felt so ashamed in my life.
I was in 506 on the upper tier and the minutes silence / respect was observed in the blocks nearest to me. I could tell by the nature of the noise that most of it was concourse singing

I wouldn’t get embarrassed by a few tasteless comments / boos. The knobs doing that are responsible for themselves. Liverpool’s lack of contrition for the Heysel killings doesn’t affect the sympathy of most fans for the Hillsborough 97 and their families, RIP.

The minute’s silence was poorly publicised / communicated and I initially thought there was a minutes applause for somebody.

Last edited:
What an absolutely shit day that was!

Liverpool took it more seriously than we did. We treated it like a friendly and got what we deserved.

The fans… We didn’t bother selling out, even in the blocks that were available to us, there were empties everywhere. Before everyone comes up with their excuses, I know loads of people who just couldn’t be arsed so the excuses won’t wash with me! People within my group couldn’t fill a minibus (when we’re normally turning people away), a local pub that usually runs a coach couldn’t fill a coach, people who sit around me in the ground who pulled their faces about going when I asked them last Sunday, spoke to others in the free coach on the way down yesterday who said the coach they normally go on wasn’t run because there was no interest.
Liverpool fans filled their end and some in our end.

And why the fuck are our fans so averse to getting to our seats early? Fans still filtering in in their hundreds minutes after kick off, while their end was full minutes before.

Not one ounce of atmosphere came from us. Oh apart from the shameful cunts who booed and shouted comments during the Hillsborough moment of silence. Never felt more embarrassed to be a Blue at that moment. Anyone who has a problem with Liverpool and Heysel, bring that up with LFC and the governing bodies and the media in an email or something, don’t go and fucking boo during a moment of respect for people who died you fucking disrespectful thick cunts! We deserve every bit of criticism coming our way for that.
We weren’t arsed in the stands during the game at all. Liverpool fans were well up for it. That was the best atmosphere from them that I’ve heard from any game we’ve been to Wembley (including any of ours). Their whole end stood up, even in the top tier, they were starting songs off in all areas, we just had a load of people who looked like they didn’t want to be there all sat down contributing fuck all. Fucking embarrassing from our fans! We acted like we had absolutely no ounce of belief that a treble was on the cards for us whatsoever.

The amount of our fans who left early was shit n’all. What’s the point in going all that way if you’re not going to stay to the end? As bad as we were, we very nearly took it to extra time… have some fans never learnt anything from being a City fan and the amount of come backs and late goals we’ve scored?

The team… We started like we couldn’t be arsed. Slow ponderous boring as fuck football by a team who - seemingly just like the fanbase - had absolutely no ounce of belief that a treble was on the cards for us whatsoever. Against a team who were well up for it, who responded to their fans, who looked like they believed that an historic quadruple is on the cards for them.
Okay we grew into the game a bit but let’s be honest they took their foot off the gas at 0-3 and had the rest of their season in mind, and they still looked as likely to make it 1-4 or 2-4 at any point we could have made it 2-3 or 3-3.

Why is it, that players who look good when others are around them, shrink like dying flowers anytime de Bruyne Gundogan Dias etc. aren’t on the pitch? I have never seen Sterling step up in the usual leaders’ absence and drive this team on to anything, it’s about time Foden started doing it as he’s experienced enough now, what a game for Grealish to show us that he’s worth picking for the run-in… they, along with others, were all fucking shit!

Is Pep allergic to making subs? Mahrez was his master stroke was it? He’s been stinking the place out over the last few weeks with meek as fuck performances. Get fucking Delap on, try it, it might have worked.

That was one of my least favourite days ever being a blue! Our fans were shit and some were a disgrace to the club. Our players were woeful for the most part. Manager had a poor day. Fucking wank day out, now I’ve fucked off home.
Excellent post mate, summed up to a tee. We're so flat as a fanbase nowadays, it was an fa cup semi final but you could count the number of songs we sang throughout the game on one hand. Yes, the team didn't help putting in a half arsed performance but we're just never at it from the start.
Also, I'm completely at a loss with the lack of substitutions Pep makes, a man who's been clamouring for the use of 5 subs from next season, then he barely wants to use any in any match. The likes of Delap etc must be thinking we've no chance of ever getting any minutes in this side, when a manager is too afraid to bring him on in case he does worse than our established players. Well he certainly couldn't have done any worse than Sterling, Grealish, and to a lesser degree Foden yesterday could he?

What more can be said that already hasn't.
On reflection, I've decided that after a 17 hour round trip, I won't be doing anymore Wembley semi finals.
I was in that little fanzone outside Wembley arena when the team was announced, and to a man everyone in my vicinity looked deflated, Pep had done a Pep, he'd handed the initiative to Liverpool and to a team and fan base that as much as I dislike them, it did mean more.
Onto the game, it's a long time since I've seen us look so dis jointed, there was no structure, no leadership, nothing. Some of more senior and experienced players failed miserably, we seemed to be constantly switching positions purely for switching positions sake.
I'm not gonna pile on Zack, he knows he fucked up and cost us the game, what I was fewming at during the game, it was obvious his confidence was shot to pieces, he even had Fern taking his goal kicks, but we kept on passing the ball back to him putting under more needless pressure.
I could go right through the team and critisize them individually, not one player did themselves justice yesterday, I'd sooner Pep throw the FA cup in the 3rd round than the semi final again and save us the time, hope and expense it incurs.
We've given Liverpool a massive confidence boost.

Cold light of day. Liverpool fans whistling for the final whistle.

They have an extra game to fit in (league game same weekend as final, away to Southampton) so that will be midweek in the last week of the season. Our postponed game v Wolves should be 10 or 11 May but I think the PL will be trying to put that back till the last week as well (so we'd have 3 games in the last 7 days, Liverpool in last 8).
Agreed. I'd had a few beers but I can't really remember them creating too much, they were obviously the better team in the first half, but their first 2 goals were preventable. Second half we were unlucky not to pull it back. I don't think this gives them any sort of psychological advantage at all - scraping past a team missing some of their key players.

Obviously want city to win every game, but playing a cup final before the end of the season would undoubtedly make winning the league harder. Beating Brighton on Wednesday is much more important to me than losing yesterday.

Excellent post mate, summed up to a tee. We're so flat as a fanbase nowadays, it was an fa cup semi final but you could count the number of songs we sang throughout the game on one hand. Yes, the team didn't help putting in a half arsed performance but we're just never at it from the start.
Also, I'm completely at a loss with the lack of substitutions Pep makes, a man who's been clamouring for the use of 5 subs from next season, then he barely wants to use any in any match. The likes of Delap etc must be thinking we've no chance of ever getting any minutes in this side, when a manager is too afraid to bring him on in case he does worse than our established players. Well he certainly couldn't have done any worse than Sterling, Grealish, and to a lesser degree Foden yesterday could he?
I agree with your point overall but Grealish played ok and Foden had his worst performance in a city shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.