Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

I was at that game and on the pitch at the end, a great day. It cost me £100 for a ticket from a tout in the Blackburn end but it was worth every penny, great memories. I still go and have a season ticket but it's not the same buzz for a multitude of reasons. Those doubting our loyalty and passion should be shown footage of that day and our time in the third tier the year before. We packed out grounds all over the country culminating in 46,000+ for the play off final against Gillingham. Trust we when our club really needed us we were there so the media and internet trolls, many who've never been to a game in their lives can fuck right off.
Top day out that. I was Blackburn end too as were thousands of others.

Club have priced people out and the match day experience is not to everyone’s liking. It’s that simple. In addition, our ground is hard to get to, parking is shite, public transport is shite and in complete contrast to when we were shit, pretty much 80% of our games are on TV and 100% are available on dodgy streams. That’s before you factor in the very aging matchday fanbase who probably don’t want to do night matches.

Top day out that. I was Blackburn end too as were thousands of others.

Club have priced people out and the match day experience is not to everyone’s liking. It’s that simple. In addition, our ground is hard to get to, parking is shite, public transport is shite and in complete contrast to when we were shit, pretty much 80% of our games are on TV and 100% are available on dodgy streams. That’s before you factor in the very aging matchday fanbase who probably don’t want to do night matches.

Spot on mate. As I've had a season ticket for years I can't believe the match day price of tickets £60+?? It's ludicrous and I wouldn't pay it.

As for the transport you'd think it would be easier to get to and from being in the city centre with its own tram station but it's bloody abysmal. The council and tfgm need their bloody heads banging together, surely they can come up with a solution to make it quicker and easier, not to mention less stressful?

Night games I won't do anymore getting home is a nightmare and would mean the added cost of a taxi for the final leg as my last bus leaves Altrincham centre at 22:50 and there's no way I can make that with a 21:50 finish at the earliest.

Spot on mate. As I've had a season ticket for years I can't believe the match day price of tickets £60+?? It's ludicrous and I wouldn't pay it.

As for the transport you'd think it would be easier to get to and from being in the city centre with its own tram station but it's bloody abysmal. The council and tfgm need their bloody heads banging together, surely they can come up with a solution to make it quicker and easier, not to mention less stressful?

Night games I won't do anymore getting home is a nightmare and would mean the added cost of a taxi for the final leg as my last bus leaves Altrincham centre at 22:50 and there's no way I can make that with a 21:50 finish at the earliest.
Night games are pain in the arse from a public transport perspective, especially the 8pm kick off one’s. If I go by train, I either have to leave early to get back to the station or get the 11.25 getting me in the house after midnight. That’s after a full day at work too. Same for all fans I suppose but as I get older, I’m becoming less inclined to do it. Think I’ll bin the CL games off next season or maybe do 1/2. The earlier 7.45 was much better from a train perspective.

Night games are pain in the arse from a public transport perspective, especially the 8pm kick off one’s. If I go by train, I either have to leave early to get back to the station or get the 11.25 getting me in the house after midnight. That’s after a full day at work too. Same for all fans I suppose but as I get older, I’m becoming less inclined to do it. Think I’ll bin the CL games off next season or maybe do 1/2. The earlier 7.45 was much better from a train perspective.

Yes it gets tougher the older you get. The thought of standing at tram and bus stops late at night in the cold and rain keeping one eye on the drunks and yobs and hope they don't decide you're their latest bit of fun isn't pleasant.

so as I have no connections with manchester, or family who followed city [ most of my dad's family was Leeds fans as they come from Harrogate ] you have little respect for me
even thou i have been a fan since 1971 had a season card/ ticket since the 1970s had to stop because of work but then started again in the 2002 but still went to games when i could in the 90s
started the Doncaster branch of the supporters club
feck you
What reason did you start supporting City?
I shouldve added, an obscure reason is ok ;)

my pal lives in stockport and is a stoke season ticket holder. No geographical/family ties to stoke.
however he had a saturday job with a milkman who was from stoke and a season ticket holder and took him one week as he had a spare ticket.
pal is now a season ticket holder and takes his kids.
Certainly not a glory hunter.

if you pick a team solely based on that team being successful, no other reason, then yes, i have little respect for them.

Back to the thread about the dippers game, absolute feral scum even after the game, there’s nothing like bad winners

They're not much different outside of football. Aggressive, mouthy, entitled, think they're comedians when nobody else finds them funny. They think anybody not a scouser is inferior. They are so thick skinned they don't realise the majority of the country can't stand them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.