Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

Is there also a point that the marshalls/security feel scared of the dippers ?

A few marshals asking a few 100 dippers to stop throw things its not going to work.

How you control a big crowd that does want to behave I have no idea
You don't.

What you do do is apply sanctions afterwards.

And not poxy financial sanctions like a few thousand pounds (far less than City got for being a few minutes late onto a pitch).

It's closing HOME sections of the ground (even if incidents happened away), or the entire home stadium if issues continue.
It's banning them from competitions (if cups), or deducting points (if league).

Until it hits Liverpool where it matters - proper accurate unbiased media reporting giving negative publicity and financial hits - crowds or lack of cups/league position, then they will continue to wreak havoc, just like they did up till Heysel and the after effects of that behaviour for every other (potential) English club in Europe (Everton waves), and the effects of that in the English league - crowd control, inescapable pens (oh)... etc..

Perfect example of how the media protects them.

Liverpool fans racially abused
City fan "cut" by an object thrown from crowd.
Is 'city fans abused disabled fans' the scousers go to excuse? I seem to remember Everton fans inventing that one previously

Have a look back in this thread at AJs posts, apparently the most hated prime minister in my lifetime, who is widely condemned for waging an idealistic holy war on the working class while forcing the failed shit show of 'trickle down economcs' on the country is the reason Scousers behave badly.
Her reign had no affect on any other part of the country it would appear and yet, we've been told, that everyone hates Scousers because of her which is odd considering she's hated by huge numbers of people outside of the home counties and London bankers.
In Liverpool 'Maggie Means More' it seems.

They were treated terribly by Maggie, she shut down all the jam butty mines in Notty Ash.

Far more embarrassing than any dipper excuse....is the pathetic love in the club are having with them....how, whoever decided to send the email, and far worse the joint statement yesterday, still has a job this morning defies belief.

I was working away at the time and missed the game on Thursday, but I found Alastair Mann’s commentary on the city plus replay bizarrely sycophantic where the dippers were concerned.

They were treated terribly by Maggie, she shut down all the jam butty mines in Notty Ash.
Those iconic images of the beloved Diddy Men queuing at the DSS have become as much an emblematic image of the troubled 80s period in the same way as the scenes from the Battle of Orgreave. Maybe more so as it obviously 'means more'.

Just had a look at RAWK and in fairness they seem to be split between those who are genuinely embarrassed about what happened, and those who think that City are just as bad when we travel to Anfield.

However, one thing that I noticed from my seat in Block 219 was that most of the missiles/objects/coins were thrown immediately after City goals.
To claim that it was some kind of natural reaction to taunts about Hillsborough is a complete lie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.