Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

Why can’t we (all fans not just City) stick to singing and encouraging our own players?

When you were a kid at school and your Mum or Dad came to watch you play did they shout for you and your team or did they start shouting abuse at the other team? Or did they shout for you and your mates and left your opponents alone?
I know this might sound naïve but surely it’s better than getting City into trouble with the powers that be!?

Before you say a) well they started them
Or
b) everyone does it
I will answer with just one idea/sentence
“If thry put their hand in the fire would you?”

Merry Christmas everyone. :-) :-)
I hope Santa brings you all you ask
(Within reason).
You should see some of the parents, and coaches, at junior football Eccles, some very very appalling people out there

Why don’t we all grow some fucking balls. It’s Christmas. Be thankful that times aren’t how they were 30 years ago. If we were really bothered, we’d have the scum outside. But we didn’t.

Raise a glass to our Pep, The Norwegian Maestro and Mr Sheikh, and pop another cork or two.

Merry fucking Christmas blues. CTID
30 years ago it was safer.

I , personally, decided to start calling them kopites. I have issues calling the dippers, as I do calling Trafford Rangers, rags - but that’s just me.

To me ‘kopites’ invokes a cult, perfect for KlAnfield, rather than anything else.

It also doesn’t group them with Everton, using the ‘scousers’ refrain. Though scousewashing is so apt.
If you want to read an absolute bellend describing themselves as a kopite (as a quick google found):
The 4th paragraph contains a beaut, among many

Everybody we’ve found the person who graffiti’s the Anfield toilet.

Was it not the FA who insisted that fans would be fenced in?

if there were no fences the fans being crushed could have gotten onto the pitch. Was this in the Taylor report? I think the FA is almost as culpable as the police.
You’re correct in that the Spurs fans were saved by the fact that they could spill out onto the pitch.

However the fundamental problem with the Leppings Lane end was that there were two central pens and two outer pens. In 1989 the police failed to direct the fans to the two outer pens and the resulting crush was inevitable - particularly after the police opened the outer gates at kick off. The capacity of the stand was adequate provided this one rule was followed. Even given that the fans were fenced in this disaster was avoidable. For me the Police were the most culpable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.