Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

What about points deductions / European bans for clubs with fans who endanger other spectators' safety through jibbing in and distribution of fake tickets?n

BBC News now.

A Hillsborough Family Association member wants clubs to be fined or points deducted for chants like always the victims by their fans.

In the report the BBC specifically linked the 'always the victims' chant to 'Hillsborough'.

Munich chants by Liverpool fans were mentioned as well in the report.

Watch the BBC news, the report should be shown again after 9am.
So now Liverpool want to control what fans can and can’t sing at football games? Let’s see how much traction this one gets…

That’s a possibility of course and maybe time will tell.

Like I said, I’d be amazed if the CCTV didn’t at least raise sufficient grounds for suspicion, given the object that was thrown, and the fact that the time and (I expect) the general area it came from would be readily identifiable. It’s hardly needle in a haystack territory.
Simple fact is that if they were able to identify the City fan who did this: https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-news/moment-madness-landed-city-fan-13694742
then they can just as easily identify the Liverpool fan who chucked that pint pot full of coins. As you say, they know pretty much exactly where it was lobbed from in the away section. If there's CCTV footage of the offender throwing it, they'll have the row and seat number. Liverpool FC will be able to advise who that ticket was sold to. Granted, there may be caveats here - fans don't necessarily always sit/stand in the seat they're allocated (often I'll move around a stand at both home and away games and stand with my mates), or the ticket might have been passed on to someone else to use (in that case, the original purchaser needs to be reprimanded if they can't find the offender).

If that was the case, it would confirm to me the club are completely out of touch with our fan base and have a very limited knowledge of the dippers fan base bordering on naive.
I think that sadly the club confirmed that with the open letter /email thing and the decision to put the away fans in that section:-(

If that was the case, it would confirm to me the club are completely out of touch with our fan base and have a very limited knowledge of the dippers fan base bordering on naive.

Why would anyone believe that was the case?

Why would some posters believe the club is involved in a conspiracy with GMP and Liverpool to cover up the crime and shield Liverpool from bad PR rather than accept it might take a couple of weeks to review all the footage and identify people who could be covering their faces or be in the wrong seat or in the aisle or be obstructed by fans around them, gather witness statements etc. and then arrest them and publicise it?

Why would some posters believe the club is involved in a conspiracy with GMP and Liverpool to cover up the crime and shield Liverpool from bad PR rather than accept it might take a couple of weeks to review all the footage and identify people who could be covering their faces or be in the wrong seat or in the aisle or be obstructed by fans around them, gather witness statements etc. and then arrest them and publicise it?
Not a conspiracy but it took “the Club” 10 minutes to condemn our fan base for a few piss cans singing during a minute’s silence, no City fan knew about in advance. That was the FA Cup semi final. Can you not see the inconsistent treatment?

The lack of publicity seems like it’s being dampened rather than trying to solve it.

As someone said they may be trying to de-escalate tension by not making a big deal of it. City fans feel this again shows 1 rule for 1 & a rule for another. There is evidence of this occurring in politics & policing which is often jumped on by opposing views.

Do you think clubs don’t have relationships with senior police?

I’ve known Police take up senior positions at clubs on generous contracts after investigations.

Shhhh….

I think that sadly the club confirmed that with the open letter /email thing and the decision to put the away fans in that section:-(
Is it not part of a wider pattern though. For example, when “the Club” accepted a vastly reduced ticket allocation for the swamp in the Cup and there were rumours the OSC had threatened to break off relations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.