Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

Not a conspiracy but it took “the Club” 10 minutes to condemn our fan base for a few piss cans singing during a minute’s silence, no City fan knew about in advance. That was the FA Cup semi final. Can you not see the inconsistent treatment?

why are you comparing a police investigation and a pr statement on social media as if they’re the same thing?

That’s why you’re finding inconsistency, because you’re ignoring the fact the club immediately condemned the Liverpool fans behaviour and have instead decided that someone being arrested is the point of comparison.

why are you comparing a police investigation and a pr statement on social media as if they’re the same thing?

That’s why you’re finding inconsistency, because you’re ignoring the fact the club immediately condemned the Liverpool fans behaviour and have instead decided that someone being arrested is the point of comparison.
Why has the father of the 15 year old girl only thanked match going Blues, first aiders and the CEO of LFC?

I think that sadly the club confirmed that with the open letter /email thing and the decision to put the away fans in that section:-(
Tbh I get to a degree that the club want to be seen as trying to dampen things down a bit mate, they can hardly be seen to be encouraging it which if they refused to cooperate etc then they likely would, I just think they got some of it very wrong, my general point though is that us fans knew exactly what was going to happen, if we knew, then the club should have had a good idea too and put certain measures in place, they didn’t, which says to me they don’t have a great knowledge of Liverpool fans and any history between the two cities ?

I get the feeling that at present the emphasis is on dampening down off pitch rivalry between the two clubs and downplaying stuff like this in the interests of improving relations or not stoking trouble between the fans? I'd imagine letting this incident pass may even be part of that as I'd be surprised if we don't have the ticketing and CCTV tech to pin down the culprits.
Perhaps not so much downplaying but more not giving the media hourly updates as they're as guilty as anyone at stoking those fires?

Maybe it's still going ahead quietly without needing to keep everyone updated constantly.

Why has the father of the 15 year old girl only thanked match going Blues, first aiders and the CEO of LFC?
If it’s the intention of the club/police to let this die down in order to de-escalate the growing tension between the clubs the girl’s father could pursue a private prosecution and request those tapes. That would be be even more embarrassing for the club if it showed a clear image of the culprit. For that reason, I don’t believe the club can conceal or fail in its duty to the fans. Maybe he’s waiting to see how it pans out?

Perhaps not so much downplaying but more not giving the media hourly updates as they're as guilty as anyone at stoking those fires?

Maybe it's still going ahead quietly without needing to keep everyone updated constantly.
Why do you think fans of LFC keep their perceived injustices, in the media spotlight? Why did the father of the 15 year old girl speak to the press?

If it’s the intention of the club/police to let this die down in order to de-escalate the growing tension between the clubs the girl’s father could pursue a private prosecution and request those tapes. That would be be even more embarrassing for the club if it showed a clear image of the culprit. For that reason, I don’t believe the club can conceal or fail in its duty to the fans. Maybe he’s waiting to see how it pans out?
The footage I have seen showed a dipper fan throwing things into the tier below but I do not think it can nail him as the one that threw the glass that injured the young girl. I am encouraged by the statement from the girl's father about how the club and GMP are handling this matter. The guy seems sensible and not the type to be bought off.

What happened to the "It was a collection for the coach driver which accidently fell and the person doing it reported the incident to a steward"? - did this actually happen or was it a scouse-washing fantasy?

Maybe the club and his family are in contact and he's happy (relatively speaking) with what's happening. Has he said anything recently on social media?

Edit: ahh, just saw Doms post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.