Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

Is it not a police & cps decision? Nothing to do with the club mate, so I believe you’re annoyed at the club for no reason

City have at least part responsibility for the safety of fans inside the stadium and have a duty of care. They also have to play a part in investigating any criminal act and pursuing the offender(s). They say they “are working with GMP to try and identify offenders with the intention of supporting and running criminal prosecutions”.

Ok ultimately down to CPS but don’t agree it’s nothing to do with the club.

Is it not a police & cps decision? Nothing to do with the club mate, so I believe you’re annoyed at the club for no reason whatsoever
But if the club do not provide evidence then the police / CPS can't do anything about it.

The police love to charge football fans for anything (easy pickings and helps keep their arrest figures up...) so given any evidence it would be nailed on there would be a prosecution

Had an email reply from City Security today in response to my complaint following the Liverpool match. Addressed to “Folks” so clearly to more than just me and probably to everyone who sent in a complaint.

Quite a long email and just full of reassurances which I don’t have a lot of faith in. Says they are “….receiving ongoing support from LFC”. Again no faith in that based on what’s happened at Anfield in the past. Also asks for anyone with mobile phone footage of any incidents to send in to them along with times and locations.

MCFC Security Team - I’m sure you read posts on here so note my words - “I have no faith in what you’ve said in your email”
What was the point in sending an email when you'd obviously already made your mind up that you wouldn't put any faith in any reply?

But if the club do not provide evidence then the police / CPS can't do anything about it.

The police love to charge football fans for anything (easy pickings and helps keep their arrest figures up...) so given any evidence it would be nailed on there would be a prosecution
The police will request the recordings & look for the evidence themselves no?

Are City responsible for supplying the evidence of who chucked what or just the recordings mate?

I’d presume it’s the latter, but happy to be corrected

What was the point in sending an email when you'd obviously already made your mind up that you wouldn't put any faith in any reply?
I hadn’t already made my mind up. I was willing to hear what the club had to say and hopefully see positive actions. My comment regarding no faith is a result of the content of their responses and the fact that weeks on and no sign of real action.

Simple things like this should have come from the Head of Safety & Security - surely it’s important enough for him to put his name behind what they claim to be doing.

And also (as per earlier posts) when they had a relatively innocuous incident to investigate they contacted me within days of the Brentford game to ask if I had witnessed it. Pinpointed me from CCTV as being near to it. That was 4 days after the game. So why aren’t we already hearing they have done similar for the Liverpool game.

City have at least part responsibility for the safety of fans inside the stadium and have a duty of care. They also have to play a part in investigating any criminal act and pursuing the offender(s). They say they “are working with GMP to try and identify offenders with the intention of supporting and running criminal prosecutions”.

Ok ultimately down to CPS but don’t agree it’s nothing to do with the club.
Of course safety in the ground is the clubs responsibility, but I’m not sure how that links to City having anything to do with the prosecution, other than supplying cctv footage?

Have I misunderstood you or did you misunderstand my previous post?

The police will request the recordings & look for the evidence themselves no?

Are City responsible for supplying the evidence of who chucked what or just the recordings mate?

I’d presume it’s the latter, but happy to be corrected
No idea. I'd assume City would look at it and if they see anything they'd hand it over rather than simply give the police 2 hours of tapes to wade through??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.