Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

Do the police have their own box at CoMS like they had at the back of J Block in the Main Stand?
I’ve been looking for that and can’t find an answer, that is if you mean that low level brick building between the Main stand and North stand where the match commanders sat ?
I spent many a match in that command centre at Maine Road back in the day, cant imagine there not being something along those lines at The Etihad, but who knows.

On the question of identifying the culprit from CCTV and media video, how long do we think it would take to identify and release an image of a single culprit, if it took seven weeks to release 21 images following the pitch invasion?
This is not the issue. There will be footage of no end of dippers chucking pint pots over the edge. The problem will be linking the footage of any individual pot thrown and showing it was that particular one that caused the injury. There is little doubt in my mind they have found the guy throwing the pot by linking the time stamp to the time of the injury.

If you could tell from that alone that the pot had coins in it, there would have been an arrest. So my guess is they know who they think threw this particular pint, but they are making sure they have the evidence that clearly connects the pot being thrown with the girl being hit. It is possible to do this by use of multiple camera angles and time stamps, but it is easy to see that unless you have watertight evidence that the defendant would be able to raise a reasonable doubt in court that his particular missile caused that particular injury even though it is clear what he threw.

Let’s face it, when he’s arrested this scrote isn’t going to hold his hands up and say “it’s a fair cop, guv.”

They are taking time because they want to nail this bastard.

This is not the issue. There will be footage of no end of dippers chucking pint pots over the edge. The problem will be linking the footage of any individual pot thrown and showing it was that particular one that caused the injury. There is little doubt in my mind they have found the guy throwing the pot by linking the time stamp to the time of the injury.

If you could tell from that alone that the pot had coins in it, there would have been an arrest. So my guess is they know who they think threw this particular pint, but they are making sure they have the evidence that clearly connects the pot being thrown with the girl being hit. It is possible to do this by use of multiple camera angles and time stamps, but it is easy to see that unless you have watertight evidence that the defendant would be able to raise a reasonable doubt in court that his particular missile caused that particular injury even though it is clear what he threw.

Let’s face it, when he’s arrested this scrote isn’t going to hold his hands up and say “it’s a fair cop, guv.”

They are taking time because they want to nail this bastard.
Bang on mate, but surely if they can identify anyone throwing coins pots or anything at other people they can at least be banned from the Etihad for life. Also the chance they could be charged with intent to cause harm or damage, whichever is the correct description of charge.

Duty of care and criminal acts have been committed. It’s got everything to do with the club.
So is it down to the police & cps to gather evidence & determine whether to prosecute or not, or is it down to the club?

I’m pretty certain it’s not City’s responsibility mate

Hence if no prosecution takes place, it’s not the clubs fault as you were insinuating, unless I’ve misread or misinterpreted you post my friend

Bang on mate, but surely if they can identify anyone throwing coins pots or anything at other people they can at least be banned from the Etihad for life. Also the chance they could be charged with intent to cause harm or damage, whichever is the correct description of charge.
Of course they can and will be banned (presumably from all grounds) but the criminal investigation must and will take precedence.

I'd imagine those would be secondary charges to the main one though

I’ve been looking for that and can’t find an answer, that is if you mean that low level brick building between the Main stand and North stand where the match commanders sat ?
I spent many a match in that command centre at Maine Road back in the day, cant imagine there not being something along those lines at The Etihad, but who knows.
There has always been a box at the etihad where they (security) are watching from .......colin bell far left as you look at it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.