Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

Security but they are in contact with police through radios and by talking to them.

I've had security coming up to me to tell me I'm being closely monitored from the other side of the ground . They must have some good Hi Res cameras etc.

That Peter Fletcher bloke used to be in charge of that box.
Cheers mate, I’ve never bothered looking for one at The Etihad, the one at Maine Road was the actual dedicated Police command centre (along with the then hi-tech camera stuff etc), seems odd they don’t have one specifically at such a modern stadium but hey ho.

Cheers mate, I’ve never bothered looking for one at The Etihad, the one at Maine Road was the actual dedicated Police command centre (along with the then hi-tech camera stuff etc), seems odd they don’t have one specifically at such a modern stadium but hey ho.
They will, it just won’t be facing the pitch, unlike at Maine Road. There’s no good reason it needs to in this day and ago, and one or two I can think of what it’s not. Why do they need to see the pitch, or even the crowd? How can that better inform their decision making?

They will, it just won’t be facing the pitch, unlike at Maine Road. There’s no good reason it needs to in this day and ago, and one or two I can think of what it’s not. Why do they need to see the pitch, or even the crowd? How can that better inform their decision making?
They leave it to the stewards and security until they can't cope then come steaming in with robo gear on.

Unless its scousers or ultras sometimes then take a softly softly approach unless they try to get into City areas.

I've seen GMP give out some serious beatings.

(Everton outside for example a few years ago)

They may be Blues and wanting to watch the match lol.
Seriously, you’re right it in that it wouldn’t necessarily need to be facing the pitch (although I can see why it would offer an advantage to the match commander etc) , but that wasn’t what I was suggesting, I was speaking of just a dedicated control centre somewhere in the stadium, a room maybe, but it’d just as likely be a Portacabin outside somewhere.

They may be Blues and wanting to watch the match lol.
Seriously, you’re right it in that it wouldn’t necessarily need to be facing the pitch (although I can see why it would offer an advantage to the match commander etc) , but that wasn’t what I was suggesting, I was speaking of just a dedicated control centre somewhere in the stadium, a room maybe, but it’d just as likely be a Portacabin outside somewhere.
I’m expect there is one somewhere mate, although it wouldn’t need to be at the stadium tbf. I know the Birmingham Commonwealth Games was all managed from a security perspective at a WMP command centre in Aston, about three miles from the stadium.

I’m expect there is one somewhere mate, although it wouldn’t need to be at the stadium tbf. I know the Birmingham Commonwealth Games was all managed from a security perspective at a WMP command centre in Aston, about three miles from the stadium.
I can definitely see your point mate, I think the fact VAR is miles away from the stadium shows it doesn’t need to be there for pin point accuracy, for me though I’d prefer an option of being able to see the wider scope, and being physically there I think it helps you get the mood of the crowd better, but Policing of games has changed massively from back in the day I guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.