Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

We have a similar situation up in Glasgow between Rangers and Celtic. Unfortunately, dignified silence and/ or appeasement does not work. The enemy see it as a sign of weakness and use it to excuse the most disgraceful behaviour. The attacks will not only continue, they will increase.
images (9).jpeg

Joint statements in our time.

I am at a complete loss to understand why we as a club are issuing a joint statement, it was once again the serial offenders from Liverpool causing the problems. We should do nothing jointly ever with that vermin. I read a comment from one of their lying fans today, in which he stated that he could feel the hate last night and just can’t understand why we despise them so much. How can people be so utterly lacking in self awareness.

Our corporate management see this as a damage limitation exercise. The execs believe it's in the best interests of the company to be seen by the broadcasters, the sponsors, the football authorities, the media, you know the powerful stakeholders in the game, to be doing the right thing, where the right thing is whatever protects the interests of those powerful stakeholders.

Unfortunately you don't find solutions to problems if your primary objective is not the problem itself, but how it effects the vested interest.

We're doubly f**ked because we've shackled ourselves to Liverpool FC, a club that doesn't do self awareness, a club that has powerful allies in the media, and that has allowed them to frame the problem on their terms.

In response to the last paragraph of a post by Gorton-tubster in the locked email thread, the treatment of Liverpool and its people over the years by thatcher, tory governments, police, press, the establishment etc. over hillsborough, and subsequently the general population of this country who have peddled the same old lies, has undoubtedly led to a lot of heartache, hatred and bitterness.

I honestly think a big part of why Liverpool are disliked by large parts of the country is because Liverpool supporters don't want anything to with them and don't want to be like them, as a result of this treatment. The shit Liverpool have taken over the years about Hillsborough and poverty inevitably creates a rift and 'scouse not english' becomes the sentiment. People up and down the country then don't like it and the resentment becomes mutual.

The poor girl getting hit by something last night absolutely shouldn't have happened and was disgraceful. How anyone can think it's acceptable to indiscrimately throw anything into a crowd full of people is beyond me. I hope whoever did it is caught and punished accordingly.

At the same time, the ramping up of the taunting of people over death and poverty is also inexcusable and is obviously designed to hurt and inflame things.

All this 'what about...' shite is pathetic and gets you nowhere. It's partly why I said yesterday that this one-sided view that Liverpool are scum and City are squeaky clean so it's ok to abuse the scousers as much as you like, is wrong, and actually perpetuates more of the bitterness and unsavoury incidents between the clubs. Liverpool, as do any club, including city, have supporters who will cross the line. City have supporters who are happy to ramp things up with the death taunts. Unfortunately, incidents like last night then become horribly inevitable if it's not reigned in.

You will probably all disgaree but the joint statement seems sensible to me. What needs to happen is that both Liverpool and City accept responsibility for their failings. No ifs or buts. Maybe then things might improve.

I will await the usual vermin, ****, rat, fuck off shouts. But if that's the approach you want to take, maybe you're part of the problem.
You still haven’t answered my question from before on the Liverpool thread. Want me to ask it again?

The only f
City have put away fans up there before.
First time anything major has happened.
That's true but LFC fans have a long history of throwing missiles going back decades. I know it happens with other clubs but not on the same scale. Let's be honest a section of their fanbase are animals. That's a view shared by matchgoing fans of all clubs up and down the country despite the fake news in our media. That's what I have been told by opposition fans during hundreds of away trips. LFC fans do target family groups and attack lone fans before and after matches. That happened again last night just as it often happens at Anfield.
I have a great view of the away section from my seat in East Stand Upper and last night they were throwing stuff from the first minute to the last. It is amazing there were not more injuries. I honestly believe we should now just ban them from our stadium. I don't care if we get banned from Anfield in return. The safety of our fans must come first.

Our corporate management see this as a damage limitation exercise. The execs believe it's in the best interests of the company to be seen by the broadcasters, the sponsors, the football authorities, the media, you know the powerful stakeholders in the game, to be doing the right thing, where the right thing is whatever protects the interests of those powerful stakeholders.

Unfortunately you don't find solutions to problems if your primary objective is not the problem itself, but how it effects the vested interest.

We're doubly f**ked because we've shackled ourselves to Liverpool FC, a club that doesn't do self awareness, a club that has powerful allies in the media, and that has allowed them to frame the problem on their terms.

Can you email that to Khaldoon, Soriano and Danny Wilson.

Thanks.

Absolutely predicatable but you do have to question the logic of housing away fans up there, especially Liverpool.
For me it's just asking for trouble.
I was surprised that the club made this decision

In response to the last paragraph of a post by Gorton-tubster in the locked email thread, the treatment of Liverpool and its people over the years by thatcher, tory governments, police, press, the establishment etc. over hillsborough, and subsequently the general population of this country who have peddled the same old lies, has undoubtedly led to a lot of heartache, hatred and bitterness.

I honestly think a big part of why Liverpool are disliked by large parts of the country is because Liverpool supporters don't want anything to with them and don't want to be like them, as a result of this treatment. The shit Liverpool have taken over the years about Hillsborough and poverty inevitably creates a rift and 'scouse not english' becomes the sentiment. People up and down the country then don't like it and the resentment becomes mutual.

The poor girl getting hit by something last night absolutely shouldn't have happened and was disgraceful. How anyone can think it's acceptable to indiscrimately throw anything into a crowd full of people is beyond me. I hope whoever did it is caught and punished accordingly.

At the same time, the ramping up of the taunting of people over death and poverty is also inexcusable and is obviously designed to hurt and inflame things.

All this 'what about...' shite is pathetic and gets you nowhere. It's partly why I said yesterday that this one-sided view that Liverpool are scum and City are squeaky clean so it's ok to abuse the scousers as much as you like, is wrong, and actually perpetuates more of the bitterness and unsavoury incidents between the clubs. Liverpool, as do any club, including city, have supporters who will cross the line. City have supporters who are happy to ramp things up with the death taunts. Unfortunately, incidents like last night then become horribly inevitable if it's not reigned in.

You will probably all disgaree but the joint statement seems sensible to me. What needs to happen is that both Liverpool and City accept responsibility for their failings. No ifs or buts. Maybe then things might improve.

I will await the usual vermin, ****, rat, fuck off shouts. But if that's the approach you want to take, maybe you're part of the problem.
I am sorry but this is nothing do with politics. Everton fans will be visiting our stadium for the next home match. They will drink in our city centre before the match in pubs alongside City fans (something LFC don't do) and generally behave sensibly. Of course they are not angels and some of them may misbehave but the atmosphere will be totally different. There is a reason for this.

You might be an articulate Scouse apologist, but you are a Scouse apologist non the less. Pick your own adjective.

They can’t split the stand in half because it would mean closing the corporate restaurant/section on SSL2. City wouldn’t want to lose that matchday revenue.

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.