Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

In response to the last paragraph of a post by Gorton-tubster in the locked email thread, the treatment of Liverpool and its people over the years by thatcher, tory governments, police, press, the establishment etc. over hillsborough, and subsequently the general population of this country who have peddled the same old lies, has undoubtedly led to a lot of heartache, hatred and bitterness.
Your first paragraph though sums up my issue, and many other people's issue, with liverpool as a fan base. You act like you are the only city that got fucked over by thatcher/tories and it's bollocks. Go over to Yorkshire or down to South Wales and tell them you had it worse. There seems to be determination that you've had it worse than everyone else and it's rather pathetic, especially as we could really do with the whole of the north coming together to fight the bastards. Also, crying over nasty songs at the football is a bit like getting pissed off with water for being wet. Get over yourselves and stop acting like dicks.

Our corporate management see this as a damage limitation exercise. The execs believe it's in the best interests of the company to be seen by the broadcasters, the sponsors, the football authorities, the media, you know the powerful stakeholders in the game, to be doing the right thing, where the right thing is whatever protects the interests of those powerful stakeholders.

Unfortunately you don't find solutions to problems if your primary objective is not the problem itself, but how it effects the vested interest.

We're doubly f**ked because we've shackled ourselves to Liverpool FC, a club that doesn't do self awareness, a club that has powerful allies in the media, and that has allowed them to frame the problem on their terms.
The bigger issue is before long somebody may well die if the hatred between us and the bin dippers continues to worsen. The Club might be motivated by keeping sponsors, media commentators etc happy but it was was worth trying to work with Liverpool to try to improve the situation. It’s gone tits up and every one from City Matters to City’s security and administrative management seem to have bungled this.

Anyway, there were never going to be any overnight solutions and there’s no panacea. That said, there is still a need for less heat and more light.

I am sorry but this is nothing do with politics. Everton fans will be visiting our stadium for the next home match. They will drink in our city centre before the match in pubs alongside City fans (something LFC don't do) and generally behave sensibly. Of course they are not angels and some of them may misbehave but the atmosphere will be totally different. There is a reason for this.
Spot on.

Instantly crushes all the pathetic arguments laden with self pitying self serving tosh from the bin dippers blaming their appalling behaviour spanning decades on Thatcher and the press and the "establishment" and "poverty" (lol).

Always the victims it's never their fault

They can’t split the stand in half because it would mean closing the corporate restaurant/section on SSL2. City wouldn’t want to lose that matchday revenue.
They won't get it for Chelsea, maybe the seats move somewhere else?

The Beeb bending over backwards to be objective, and scrupulously abstaining from mentioning that the missiles were, apparently, thrown by Liverpool fans, and that the girl injured was, apparently, a City fan. (You notice how careful I'm being?) Thus leading the innocent reader to suppose, once again, that it was City fans and Liverpool fans indiscriminately.
I understand that if something is still being investigated by the police, you have to be very, very careful about what you print. Could the BBC have not used the word “allegedly”, which is always so very useful, to clarify that the source of the trouble was, allegedly in any case on this forum from posters who were actually at the match (I was not), not from City's side of it?
Or if not, I'd rather they hadn't reported it at all, and left it to the club, in conjunction with the police, to clarify just who was responsible.
This kind of thing irritates me no end. It leads to the hasty conclusion by the uninformed reader, “Oh they're all just as bad as each other”.
Well no they fucking aren't!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.