Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

Hypocrisy? Judging by what's written on here, City supporters seem to be up there with anyone when it comes to that.

When it comes to the death shouts, of course we have supporters that have done that. Especially in years gone by. But barring a few idiots on isolated occasions, its largely been consigned to history. A bit like of lot of the behaviour seen around football from fans of all clubs in years gone by. Maine Road was not a nice place to visit as an away supporter in the 80s so don't pretent you're squeaky clean or you might sound a little hypocritical.

Liverpool are getting these shouts regularly at the moment, by city more than anyone. You can't taunt people about Hillsborough and not expect to receive a reaction. Although that's exactly what people are looking for isn't it?

City supporters bus was bricked after the game

Hypocrisy? Judging by what's written on here, City supporters seem to be up there with anyone when it comes to that.

When it comes to the death shouts, of course we have supporters that have done that. Especially in years gone by. But barring a few idiots on isolated occasions, its largely been consigned to history. A bit like of lot of the behaviour seen around football from fans of all clubs in years gone by. Maine Road was not a nice place to visit as an away supporter in the 80s so don't pretent you're squeaky clean or you might sound a little hypocritical.

Liverpool are getting these shouts regularly at the moment, by city more than anyone. You can't taunt people about Hillsborough and not expect to receive a reaction. Although that's exactly what people are looking for isn't it?
The song has nothing to do with Hillsborough, it is all about the fact that Liverpool fans are never to blame for anything. If you want to know it is pure sarcasm, “sticks and stones” hurt (ask that 15 year old girl) but “words will never hurt me”. You lot on Merseyside should grow some balls.

debated about whether to respond to this or not.

the joint statement, in my eyes, is a kick in the teeth to the city fans who were physically assaulted by feral fans who have no care or thought for other human beings. there were families in that crowd with young children just trying to enjoy a game of football. a young girl has walked away from that game with a permanent reminder that she’ll carry for life. the statement should’ve come from city alone condemning the behaviour - LFC are always quick to condemn chants and songs aimed at them. city here have a duty of care to their supporters and should have the right safety protocols in place to prevent these incidents from occurring. personally i would’ve like a statement from the club condemning the behaviour and sending well wishes to the injured fan.

i’ve not seen anything on here to suggest city fans are ‘squeaky clean’ every club has their fair share of balloons but you cannot deny the incidents that get called out by LFC are always ‘this fan said this and this fan said that’ but whenever it’s a LFC fan involved there’s always reports of actual physical violence.

I don’t condone any chants about hillsborough or poverty - but grown men resorting to violence and assaulting children is over the line. And you wonder why rival fans despise you - take a look in the mirror, this is what your fans are like.
I don't believe the murderers chant is aimed at Hillsborough.

Someone's gonna get killed at one of these soon. Far too toxic. Also the Club need to never again put Liverpool away fans in the third tier for cup matches, give them the normal allocation with an even bigger boundary. Get special authorization from the FA to give them less tickets if we need. Just please don't give the feral cunts 6k tickets above blues.

Can any of you answer this question?

During the recent title parades in Manchester city centre, has any City fan set fire to Manchester Town Hall during the celebrations?

Liverpool fans can’t even celebrate their first PL title in 30 years during lockdown without setting fire to the Liver Building.

1671818220732.png

Let alone firing fireworks at each other, fighting each other, attacking the Police and Emergency Services, and trashing their own city/the Liverpool Waterfront.

Know doubt AJ will blame that behaviour on years of chants ridiculing Liverpool and Liverpudlians, Maggie Thatcher, the ConservatIves and economic deprivation caused by successive Conservative and ‘Labour’ Governments.

What AJ won’t tell you is that Liverpool and Merseyside received over £1,000,000,000 in Objective 1 funding from the EU. That EU Objective 1 funding was topped up with similar funding from successive Conservative and Labour Governments.

What your average Scouse Politician and Councillor won’t tell you is that they pissed the money up the wall. Bar some success that money disappeared over the years. I wonder where it went in Liverpool?

Liverpool Council is now under special Government measures. Leaders from other Cities, including Howard Bernstein, who is a big City fan, have been drafted into run Liverpool City Council. The year is 2022.

Last edited:
They aren't, so why should we.

I agree that we have, like most clubs, a minority of idiots. But their fans on social media are saying that the 15-year-old injured by a missile that was specifically designed to hurt someone, somehow deserved it.

They're scum. What else would you call them? A little misguided? High-spirited?
The person who threw the missile, and those justifying it, are indeed scum. It's reprehensible. They don't represent their entire fanbase though, in the same way that those who sang that song at Anfield don't represent City fans.

No, you see. You are doing it again. I never said all City fans are squeaky clean, now or in the past. That would be a ridiculous assertion.

Let's just take the "offences" currently in use. The Steaua Bucharest banner? Poor taste? Celebrating death? Harold Shipman chant? Poor taste? Celebrating death? From our side, The Sun Was Right? I can accept this is a little over the edge and I wouldn't have a problem if the club banned that, and afterwards, people who sung it. Murderers? Nothing to do with Hillsborough. It's a Heysel reference, presumably because manslaughterers doesn't scan. Only offensive because you choose it to be. Feed the Scousers/Dippers? Do me a favour. If the best you can do is "poverty- shaming" from City fans, you are on weak ground. Anyway, bottom line. Everton and City don't go running to daddy when these things happen to us. You guys take such offence you want a national bloody enquiry every week (exaggeration intentional for literary impact). It's almost as if you consider yourselves always to be the victims. Which brings us to the last chant. Which is again not a Hillsborough reference. It references Liverpool fans' ability to turn any event/chant/incident into an attack on Liverpool. That is another topic which needs a longer post, so maybe, if you want to engage on that, we can do it tomorrow. It's bedtime here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.