Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

You saying that - incorrectly - is EXACTLY the point of the song. Hillsborough was absolutely not your fans' fault. You were the victims of a perfect storm of incompetence and a long-term, determined attempt to cover up those failures. While there's still idiots who trot out the Sun's line, most know the true circumstances now.

But your fans have taken that appalling set of circumstances and overlaid it onto everything that's happened to you since, real or imagined.

Heysel - another combination of failures of officialdom but the defining act of that tragedy was the victims being killed when that wall collapsed, after your hooligans element had charged them. "But they threw things at us", "I heard a lot of Southern accents" from your own. CEO or chairman, which led him to claim it was Chelsea hooligans. I don't know if he ever expressed contrition for that statement or not, but it was a classic case of "always the victims", being blamed for the mythical wrongdoing of another group of fans.

The whole Thatcher/anti-establishment thing (which is relatively new in my experience, like the last few years). "We boo the National Anthem because of Thatcher's attitude to Merseyside". But Thatcher wasn't the Queen, or even a member of the Royal Family. And many places suffered far worse than Liverpool, particularly the coal-mining areas. Again "always the victims".

The "Allez, allez, allez" son, particularly the line "battered in the streets". It clearly refers to just that one night in Kyiv, nothing else. Yet you made it about Sean Coxm then created a media storm when the City players were heard to sing it on the flight back from Brighton. Again, always the victims.

This ridiculous thought transference that "We were justified in throwing flares and coins because someone (probably an Everton fan) wrote the word 'kopites' on a toilet door".

You rightly condemn the 'Sun was right' chant yet feel quite justified in mocking the hundreds of victims of mass murderer Harold Shipman. You mocked the Munich air disaster (as did quite a few City fans until we stamped it out) yet get upset when other fans sing 'Feed the scousers'.

Those, and other, things are what the song is about, not Hillsborough.

Always the fucking victims.

Bravo @Prestwich_Blue I was going to make a more in depth reply to him myself but I'm tired of explaining to these cretins. They never listen anyway so I kept it short and sweet lol.

Not sure what actions the admins do on there has to do with what we do here. We try to be sensible and rational in how we deal with issues on here. We try to deal with posters as if they're grown ups (not always easy!). Unless you're suggesting that we "fight fire with fire", of course. And I don't think @Ric will go for that somehow!
I've been a mod of course so I well know how Ric tries to adopt a light touch. I didn't always agree with him but it's his forum so it's his shout. But which bit of the code of conduct does it break? Is Bluemoon a mouthpiece for the club or for the fans?

I get that emotions are high, and it doesn't help that the club has got it horribly wrong in most peoples' view. But you've let people vent on many other subjects over the years, stepping in when it's got personal, abusive or against the CoC. Let people get it out of their system. Trying to play things down won't change views.

You saying that - incorrectly - is EXACTLY the point of the song. Hillsborough was absolutely not your fans' fault. You were the victims of a perfect storm of incompetence and a long-term, determined attempt to cover up those failures. While there's still idiots who trot out the Sun's line, most know the true circumstances now.

But your fans have taken that appalling set of circumstances and overlaid it onto everything that's happened to you since, real or imagined.

Heysel - another combination of failures of officialdom but the defining act of that tragedy was the victims being killed when that wall collapsed, after your hooligans element had charged them. "But they threw things at us" or the ludicrous "I heard a lot of Southern accents" from your own. CEO or chairman, which led him to claim it was Chelsea hooligans. I don't know if he ever expressed contrition for that statement or not, but it was a classic case of "always the victims", being blamed for the mythical wrongdoing of another group of fans.

The whole Thatcher/anti-establishment thing (which is relatively new in my experience, like the last few years). "We boo the National Anthem because of Thatcher's attitude to Merseyside". But Thatcher wasn't the Queen, or even a member of the Royal Family. And many places suffered far worse than Liverpool, particularly the coal-mining areas. Again "always the victims".

The "Allez, allez, allez" son, particularly the line "battered in the streets". It clearly refers to just that one night in Kyiv, nothing else. Yet you made it about Sean Coxm then created a media storm when the City players were heard to sing it on the flight back from Brighton. Again, always the victims.

This ridiculous thought transference that "We were justified in throwing flares and coins because someone (probably an Everton fan) wrote the word 'kopites' on a toilet door".

You rightly condemn the 'Sun was right' chant yet feel quite justified in mocking the hundreds of victims of mass murderer Harold Shipman. You mocked the Munich air disaster (as did quite a few City fans until we stamped it out) yet get upset when other fans sing 'Feed the scousers'.

Those, and other, things are what the song is about, not Hillsborough.

Always the fucking victims.

Top, top post.
Case dismissed.

Can't disagree that other places had it worse in that respect but you're forgetting hillsborough in this. The affect it had on the city and people, only to be falsely blamed and accused for it by the government, media, and establishment and then be taunted about it by the entire country seems to have been overlooked by you here.
Ffs we aren’t taunting you about Hillsborough, not the vast majority of us anyway. Always the victims is a song we sing about all the other mayhem your fans cause and how they never take any responsibility.
Your fans and club are building this up not us.

A question though for you if I may? What if a couple of thousand city fans attended a game at anfield next season around the anniversary of the disaster, the with justice for the 96 flags etc and behaved impeccably. Do you think there would be any mither afterwards?

May have been said already but whenever I've gone on a coach to an away any whipround for the driver was done on the coach, usually on the way back, definitely not in the ground during the game. I call bollocks.
To be fair that amount of money in one place in Liverpool will draw a crowd. I can see why they might have been photographing it

They will probably write poems about it

Leaving present for AJ and Sandonsid to cry over

bpADcyv.jpg

As it's Christmas, I'll chuck these in as well

XeaV8I2.jpg

I'll leave it there.

Ok thanks

Let's look at the genesis of this intense rivalry - prior to Liverpool's fans trashing City's bus there was no issue.
City and City's fans impeccably observing and respecting the tribute to those who died on Leppings Lane on the 25th anniverary in 2014.
During that game Liverpool fans cheered and mocked Yaya Toure when taken off injured early in the game and after the game a minibus or coach was attacked.....
City showed great respect that day. The same can't be said from Liverpool fans.

Then the players coach was attacked. And City fans had now had enough and the gloves came off.
I personally don't like and would never sing the chant in question - the fact remains though that the actions - and disrespect to both MCFC and their fans - by Liverpool fans was the catalyst for what we are now witnessing.
Hold your hand up and take ownership of your fans behaviours regarding this escalation in trouble between the two clubs.
Pretty sure the club took out a full page ad in the match programme that day, expressing our ongoing condolences to the families bereaved on that dark day in South Yorkshire. Yet their feral fans dished out abuse to Yaya as he was stretchered off. They have a not insignificant section of scum in their fanbase. "Best supporters in the world"? Like fuck they are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.