Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

Decisions have gone our way, don't notice many on here crying after we beat Everton in league cup semi at the etihad, when the ball was clearly run out of play before crossing and scoring a game changing goal, we have had our share of luck, thing is people only remember the decisions against us

We have had no luck in the last 7 days .

Which I don’t understand because we’ve been taking our foot off the gas in almost all games and rotating the team all season for this shit. So what was all that for?
I think Pep doesn’t trust some players and doesn’t have the depth of coverage required when injuries occur. Imagine a scenario where KDB and Fernandinho got injuries at same time....nightmare!

He likes to work with about 16 players. When any of them are unavailable, we see a kid on the bench to make up the numbers. Need 4 players for next season: Central defender (not sure if Tosin or Sandler ready to move up), TWO WORLD CLASS midfielders, and at least one striker/winger (goal scorer!) willing to be part of a rotation.

Your talking shite haha

No im not.

99.99% of posts get through on here no matter how much shite some of them are but some dont and its because we dont allow just any shite through and for good reason.

So it appears a pretty universal view that regardless of what team we put out in this comp we are going out due to the clear agenda against us. It goes back years. So why bother. The prem HAS to take priority over this shit.
Im hoping Pep now sees it for what it is.

Proud of the team that was a fantastic effort. Just a shame the game is bent. We get that second goal then and they shit themselves, that's before you even mention the first legs decisions. Every fucking game this happens and it's always against us, it seriously is just taking the piss at this point.
Agree.... I’m at that point I don’t even get pissed off at these decisions anymore, they happen every game.

I've never once said poor ref calls were not a factor.

The fact is we have conceded eight goals in the last three games, (OK one offside)

Not good. Like I say, poor defending at critical times.

Still, let's not get too down, at the end of the season we will have won the Premier league by a huge margin.
Colin yes we've shipped too many with or without the right decisions but don't you understand a football match is as much about momentum as anything else these decision can change the flow of a game? For example: We are on top... but suddenly after a goal that should not be and stroke of luck we are worried about the game being out of sight(or the equalizing goal), how often do you hear the expression to have the wind knocked out of your sails? Momentum is a huge factor.

Yes we should be more clinical and solid at the back but when the ball just wont go in the last thing you need is the ref gifting a goal or taking a perfectly good one from you... it's deflating mentally.

Sterling had an outstanding game. Worked hard, made our goal, stopped multiple counterattacks. Well done, lad!

Sané, who is clearly the superior ball player of the two, needs to watch that and learn that precocious skill isn’t an end game.

Jesus worked hard, but looks lost when up against big defenders and the ball doesn’t get played in behind them.

David Silva looks a shell of his early season self. Lad has much on his mind, and no Spring chicken anymore. Brilliant player who has lost his shine in the last few months. Understandable, if frustrating timing.

Bernardo Silva: Outstanding outlet, who worked his socks off and almost scored an excellent goal...the width of the post.

Otamendi: Solid, until he lost his mind. Has reverted back to “Bad Nico” a few times recently. Needs to regroup.

Walker: No football brain and loses composure with pressure, because he knows he is technically the weakest player in the team.

Laporte: Solid, assured, looks the real deal. A real player who should compliment Mendy very well down our left....one day!

KDB & Fernandinho: Been carrying this team on their backs for months. Can’t do it all game, every game.

Ederson: Understand he was angry at challenge on Ota, esp after same player laid him out earlier in the season, but he could easily have been sent off by a Euro ref for repeatedly raising his hands. Needs to concentrate on other areas of his game. If he could have gathered in the ball on Mane’s run, we would still have been in the game. Wouldn’t swap him for anyone, but needs to refocus.

Excellent assessment. Walker's deficiencies, alas, will be put in even starker contrast once Mendy resumes on the left.

Decisions have gone our way, don't notice many on here crying after we beat Everton in league cup semi at the etihad, when the ball was clearly run out of play before crossing and scoring a game changing goal, we have had our share of luck, thing is people only remember the decisions against us

Fuck me you went back some there to find that one pmsl.

Always one that feels the need to go against the grain i suppose.

Why did Fernandinho play cb second half? Why change it when he was bossing midfield? I just don’t get it!

Yes bad luck

If the refs had got it right the first game would have been 3-1 (Maybe even 2-1) and we go into tonights game needing just 2 goals....
With home advantage I would have fancied us against the Liverpool that showed up tonight

We're not that bad, the guys worked hard. I really fancy us to beat spurs next game
3-1? If they had got it right that game would have probably been 2-2. Their first goal was offside and we scored a legitimate goal and had a clear penalty not given. Had it been fair we’d have been 4-2 up by half time in the second leg. Had VAR been used we would’ve been in the semis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.