Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

All those asking for new defenders are missing the point about how he sets his teams up. Could have Moore and Beckenbauer at cb, they'd struggle behind a Pep midfield. All his teams have a vulnerability there, that's the trade-off for what we see at the other end.

I’m not sure if this has been covered but to finish a Champs League QF with a back 4 of Laporte, Fernandinho, Otemendi and Walker is worrying - as a group not good enough for that level

In terms of forwards. Again, for this level, just not up to it. 1 goal for all that possession and pressure isn’t good enough as the opponent is always likely to have a good spell(and score) at some point in the game

I feel sorry for Sane. Everything has gone through him for the last week and when he looked up, there were rarely any good options for him

We need to get back to basics and do what’s worked all season 433
Sorry lad - can't feel sorry for Sane tonight.
Caught offside far too often when he can see along the line.
That said - we appeared to be over reliant on his side the way we set up.
Sterling is a wide player, NOT someone who should be playing behind Jesus

Bernado Silva was excellent and the first half we should have been 2-0 up with Pep still in the dugout.
We have had decisions go against us last 2 games, that's football and that's life.
Bin Dipper support was none existent first half, ours was amazing.
It's life and it's football.
Onwards and upwards, we have just about won the double.
I must say I thought their away support was absolute crap until they were in front and finally piped up.

To everyone praising b.silva... bang on... he’s going to be a star for us... he’s so precise and tight in confined areas... so very technically gifted.

... is exactly what someone who supported a team that has never won the Premier League would post
+1
After supporting our club for a lifetime - the league title is always the most important trophy.
A team needs alot to go it's way to win the CL, and if I'm honest based on what we have seen that'll never happen for us

A spirited performance from the team. How that goal was ruled out is beyond me. The ball came off Milner so City can't be offside. I was in 106 and thought the crowd were excellent.

+1
After supporting our club for a lifetime - the league title is always the most important trophy.
A team needs alot to go it's way to win the CL, and if I'm honest based on what we have seen that'll never happen for us

+2

38 games is the acid test.

Also are Roma really better than Barcelona this season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.