Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

Just got back. They say it's the hope that kills you and for a while it was doing a good job on me.

I'm really proud of the team and I'm proud of our manager but I'm particularly proud of my fellow blues.

I love this club.

I missed the game on TV as I was driving home from seeing my son who had been discharged from hospital (he is fine now).

I listened to the game og BBC Five Live. The main commentator was Alan Green assisted by Chris Waddle and the commentary was also broadcast on Radio Merseyside.

I have pretty much stopped listening to Radio 5 due to Green's appalling commentary but on this occasion it was the only choice.

The commentary was totally biased towards Liverpool with Sterling being branded a diver, Otamendi a play actor, the atmosphere was rubbish and the Liverpool fans mixed in with the City fans had a right to celebrate their goals. No mention of the Liverpool fans atrocious behaviour in the first leg and lots of smug gloating at the result.

I know that many have complained to the BBC about Green in the past but on this occasion he reached a new low. How can having a joint broadcast with Radio Merseyside possibly be neutral?
otamendi did actually go absolutely crazy rolling around, but I have no idea whether he had a case. Lingard did the same in the Derby. The atmosphere was electric as you can imagine going 1-0 up so early and absolutely battering them. It totally fell away in the 2nd half though when it became obvious it was not going to be our night. Understandable

I thought Sane was brilliant too. I would say MOM. What do you want him to do? First half he got the ball continually. They just could not stop him. What they did do very well was cut out his crosses but that's because they had 10 men back. They penalty area was full of defenders.
He is a fine player but the frustration for me tonight was twofold

1. He should not be getting caught offside as many times as he did tonight when he is looking down the line
2. He didn't appear (IMO) to believe we could turn this tie around and didn't play to his blistering best (maybe fatigue?)

As I say, a fine player particularly when we are playing really well

We hammered them 1st half. Hit the post with a blinding effort from Bernardo and had a good goal chalked off. Could we have done much more. Could very easily have been 3-0 at half time. LFC defended well too.

There weren't any LFC fans in my block, or if there were they kept themselves very quiet. But a lot of half and half scarves, and a lot of camera phones at the end. That annoyed me miserable as I was. I mean why would you want to take videos of Liverpool fans celebrating.

i think most city fans feel like that about tourists and champions league nights tbf. i might upset/ offend people, but lots of fansincluding me dont like having loads of tourists in the ground ( most of them arent city fans and are there for a day out). its the complete opposite of a regular city crowd.

half and half scarves are disgusting

Keep asking myself , when will we ever get any decisions in this competition ? , its not coincidence that the big calls always go against us , Salah/s offside , Sane twice offside , and sterling penalty , and thats just in 180 minutes , massive calls involving 4 goals , that turned the tie . The UEFA hierarchy still want the box office teams in the latter stages tha tis obvious , but congrats to our lads and supporters , we gave 100% , but i am seriously beginning to think this cup is corrupt.
Nail on head mate. Personally speaking I refuse to be mugged off this way any longer and can't see myself renewing Chumps League scheme for next season. Well past a joke by now. Said to my son pre-game "whatever the result please god don't let us get mugged off by officials again". We have all been royally cheated out of what would have been a very competitive tie - if only the officials did their job properly!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.