Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

I must admit, Eddie is starting to worry me more with his basic goalkeeping?

His distribution is beyond dispute, it's more the actual making of saves and pushing the ball back into play.

Bravo was flamed for basically always conceding from the small amount of chances we give up but Ed hasn't been great when it comes to getting down to his post and letting collections squirm.

Hopefully there's more to come being so young.

just look back to their keeper over at the swamp, he was all over the place to begin with

Hate Liverpool and everything that club is about especially their fans - the refs have done us - simple!!! We didn't turn up last week after Pep fucked up the selection but we still could have scored 2 away goals if it wasn't for the bent officials and thats without Salah being offside

It's all supposed to be forgotten now, deferred until the end of May when UEFA can finally sweep it under the carpet, but our abject performance at Anfield was the result of criminal activity no self respecting governing body can tolerate. Even then the referee and his assistants made at least two terrible errors which made the score into a tie winning lead for them. Pep had to go for broke and it was paying off. One up after 2 minutes and dominating- and then the ref disallows a good goal. 2-0 would have been on schedule and a more balanced formation possible but much of the spirit had gone and yet the ultra attacking formation had to be kept- with predictable results. Yet Liverpool are a brilliant team who thoroughly deserved to go through. And no team will want to play at Anfield. I don't agree. What I will say is that no team will want to make its way to Anfield knowing that bunch of Neanderthals have carte blanche to commit whatever outrage they want.

The fans seem to have some kind of respect for Milner, I don't get it, if they treat Sterling like shit, we should boo and hiss at Milner, at least sterling made his intention clear to them that he wanted to leave unlike Milner, the fucking sponge bob head donkey ran his contract down, pretending like he was going to renew. Fuck him!

Hope Lolerpool get Real or Bayern and receive a serious battering.

None of the remaining teams will play as open as we did. Absolutely no way...

It's all supposed to be forgotten now, deferred until the end of May when UEFA can finally sweep it under the carpet, but our abject performance at Anfield was the result of criminal activity no self respecting governing body can tolerate. Even then the referee and his assistants made at least two terrible errors which made the score into a tie winning lead for them. Pep had to go for broke and it was paying off. One up after 2 minutes and dominating- and then the ref disallows a good goal. 2-0 would have been on schedule and a more balanced formation possible but much of the spirit had gone and yet the ultra attacking formation had to be kept- with predictable results. Yet Liverpool are a brilliant team who thoroughly deserved to go through. And no team will want to play at Anfield. I don't agree. What I will say is that no team will want to make its way to Anfield knowing that bunch of Neanderthals have carte blanche to commit whatever outrage they want.

Totally agree.

And before I get on the back of Pep or our players I want to see how Liverpool does when they receive the same treatment from fans and refs like we did.

I want to see many on here when they are shafted time after time and are suppposed to react with a smile
and say "Hey, no problem. I try to score another goal. Also disallowed? Oops. My fault."

So we are out of the CL. - History books will show a 5-1 aggregate win for 'Pool - this doesn't tell the whole story.
Never were 'Pool 4 goals better than City.
However , we must move on and our next big game is at Wembley - a really big game. Come on City show the doubters what we are made of.
Hopefully our defence will have a good night. ?

All we need is some luck for a change. We have had none at all lately. The luck Liverpool had they could win the CL and our fantastic season gets relegated by the media as - oh and meanwhile some moderately okay team won the league....

Hope the players really want to ram the 'we've been found out' message down their throats Saturday.

Vinny needs to start as captain as he knows all this. Hope Pep realises that we need a motivator out there Saturday.

Some awful refereeing and a fair amount of bad luck shouldn't mask a glaring statistic.

We only had three shots on target in 190 minutes of play despite 66% and 68% possession. We don't have a really clinical goalscorer now and apart from the opening spell the Liverpool defence dealt with us quite easily.

Klopp knew we would boss the midfield so he marshalled his defence accordingly and basically just bi-passed the midfield altogether in their few but decisive attacks. It was very effective.

Solution: We need one, preferably two players who can get shots on target and disrupt well-organised defences and I'm thinking of Kane and/or Salah.

I know. They play for rival prem clubs and will cost a fortune but so what!! We can easily afford them and at the same time we will seriously weaken our rivals. Spurs need the money to finance their new stadium and Liverpool will sell if you dangle a big enough carrot in front of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.