Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

I will admit I am a Liverpool fan, an imposter on your site. I have to admit I am totally underwhelmed by the lack of support you show for your team. You have bought the best manager in the world and given him a totally unlimited budget ( I know many of you have had to endure abuse from your despicable neighbours for many years, I have always rated the city supporters rather than the glory hunters next door) Personally what liverpool have done with almost no budget is far superior but I know you will keep buying players until you reach your dream. Please do me one huge favour, dont become your next door neighbours, they honestly believe their own hype and think they deserve everything because they are Manchester United, If and When you make it to the top, try and retain a little more class. The way Pep reorganised yor team tonight was a masterstroke and very nearly worked (it definitely had me worried) but just buying the best players in the world doesnt make the best team as we proved tonight. We have just thrashed the best team in the world over two legs (and yes your second goal should have been allowed, you were robbed, but it doesnt make any difference at the end of the day)

I'm sure your wumming a bit, but its become clear to me down the years that every club supporters says the same nonsense about rival clubs, bitter, entitled, cheats, etc etc

Its all nonsense, enjoy the football, Liverpool are a top side and will do well next season. I'd personally love klopp at city at some stage when pep leaves.

Well done on going through, good luck in semis and mind the massive gap in the meantime :)

I had to check on the internet this morning and thankfully we've still got our name on a cup and still in pole position for the league. So well done dipperpool for being in your 18th European semi final. You deserve a special cup for that or an endless supply of tea lights from IKEA.

I must admit, Eddie is starting to worry me more with his basic goalkeeping?

His distribution is beyond dispute, it's more the actual making of saves and pushing the ball back into play.

Bravo was flamed for basically always conceding from the small amount of chances we give up but Ed hasn't been great when it comes to getting down to his post and letting collections squirm.

Hopefully there's more to come being so young.

His distribution is beyond dispute, it's more the actual making of saves and pushing the ball back into play.

Bravo was flamed for basically always conceding from the small amount of chances we give up but Ed hasn't been great when it comes to getting down to his post and letting collections squirm.

As you say, his distribution is brilliant at times but his basic goalkeeping skills with his hands sometimes leaves a lot to be desired.
I hope i'm not being too harsh on him as he's still young but he sometimes looks like a midfield player who's gone between the sticks when the keeper has been sent off.

I share your concerns too. Just lately he is getting nowhere near any of the goals and has spilled shots he should be holding on to resulting in a goal against. Our whole defence including him have suddenly reverted to conceding from almost every attempt on goal.

I share your concerns too. Just lately he is getting nowhere near any of the goals and has spilled shots he should be holding on to resulting in a goal against. Our whole defence including him have suddenly reverted to conceding from almost every attempt on goal.
This is a big concern alright. The question is it the defence freaking the keeper or the keeper losing his way and freaking the defence. But the last week had last season written all over it in so many ways.

I share your concerns too. Just lately he is getting nowhere near any of the goals and has spilled shots he should be holding on to resulting in a goal against. Our whole defence including him have suddenly reverted to conceding from almost every attempt on goal. Again.

Just a little addition at the end there blue.

We have bought defenders whose main remit is to start the attacks. Laporte, Walker, Stones, Mendy and Ederson.

I think Laporte looks promising, but think he needs a young Vinny or Puyol alongside him.

Yes the score may have been different we might even have beaten an average Liverpool side but you cannot deny that the defending at times was shambolic.

In the knowledge that Pep was one day going to join us I watched his 3 semi finals with Bayern and nothing I saw gave me confidence that he would bring home the CL for us.

Week in, week out we play attacking football of the highest quality that over 38 games will usually see us crowned champions.

But in the CL there will always be a Madrid or a Bayern waiting and unless we learn to defend properly we will be vulnerable to defeat.

i don't disagree with you, pep plays the way pep plays and appears not to consider opponents strengths and then counter them, is that arrogance? i'm not sure
but we need the level playing field first and foremost to give us a chance in the first place

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.