Liverpool (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Maybe, maybe not. It’s all about opinions. But consistently putting round pegs in square holes won’t work against the best teams in my view.

I put on the forum Lewis would not be selected for this game, despite many thinking he deserved a game against the Bins and I've no clue why! What's your reasoning for putting him forward and Guardiola not?

I mean, not even a cameo, which should tell you something!

Whilst we were not at our fluent best it was a game we did more than enough to win. I did not see a Liverpool team that are going to be a threat ( neither did Klopp based on his post match comments)

Allison made two very good saves from Foden and Haaland and Alvarez skied a great chance. Erling's last second header was inches away. Not like we created nothing.

We are well in the mix and more than capable of putting a run together when it matters.

Not concerned at all.

Chickens coming home to roost. Net spend seems to be club’s vision. Bench full of paper weights. Likely to come back from Saudi Arabia 6/8 points adrift and the gap will prove too much. Wolves away was so annoying, chance to build up a buffer. Most of Europe is in a mess, so the treble could still be on. That said, I think we are weaker than 6 month ago. Maybe planning for life in league one? (Banter)

Chickens coming home to roost. Net spend seems to be club’s vision. Bench full of paper weights. Likely to come back from Saudi Arabia 6/8 points adrift and the gap will prove too much. Wolves away was so annoying, chance to build up a buffer. Most of Europe is in a mess, so the treble could still be on. That said, I think we are weaker than 6 month ago. Maybe planning for life in league one? (Banter)
What chickens? Every post of yours is dripping with complete shite.
Soft ****.

Our squad is threadbare at the moment, we had three players who could be considered starters injured and we only had Rico Lewis who could come on and keep the playing standard , i believe Stones was on the bench but he wasnt going to be risked and Oscar Bobb is a great prospect but not ready for title defining games.
The signings of Nunes and Kovacic althought early to judge look like massive down grades on the players departing , we know we have signed a lemon in Phillips although again not probably his fault , he doesnt suit our tactics or style of play , a strange purchase when he is a one dimensional safety first player who we have never wanted or needed.
If we get a couple more long term injuries then the January transfer window cannot come quick enough.

See it this way (Swings and Roundabouts) Liverpool will take points of Arsenal Spurs in the coming months when City will be playing a lower to midtable team. Fixures can fall for you or against you when facing a rival, But the number one is don't lose to them and take whatever you can from the game.

I think the problem with the international breaks is people don't see the travelling players have to do and some get back late, Then managers plans in training for a 12.30pm kick off get tested because he has had no time to work on things.

The game should have been the skys main event sunday 4.30pm and not Everton vs United
But we have a CL game Tuesday so could never be a Sunday game

Fair comments. Also where do you go mentally after the treble? I think some top players wanted a break Gundo..Bernie even Ruben..Grealish. will live off last season KDB could be tge end. Mahrez a bug squad miss..i think we have to accept we are one of 6 or 7 in the league who could win it. Sadly Arsenal could have tge steel to do it, even Newcastle if they don't get through the group stages.. all looks tough for us. Pep could also be thinking i need a rest soon. We have been through worse but its starting to resemble walking through treacle this season..

I put on the forum Lewis would not be selected for this game, despite many thinking he deserved a game against the Bins and I've no clue why! What's your reasoning for putting him forward and Guardiola not?

I mean, not even a cameo, which should tell you something!
We don’t know who is 100% and who isn’t, and Pep is reluctant with youngsters in the big games. But I don’t just see it as about Rico, and yesterday, it is how we are responding overall to KDB and Stones being out. I’m not sure there is another centre half in world football who can play the way Stones does, but if there is, it isn’t Akanji. Actually given his superb assist yesterday, we might be better getting Ake to be the one who goes into midfield. As for covering KDB, personally I don’t think Alvarez is comfortable coming deep, and Foden can certainly play there. I am just frustrated, because I feel we let those bastards off the hook yesterday.
On another selection point, missing KDB, Nunes, Kovacic and Grealish, and still Philips is nowhere near a game. That is the definition of out of favour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.