Liverpool (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

You could make the argument for either Foden or Alvarez being swapped out for a defender. Both were poor by their own standards. Foden totally wasteful in possession and Alvarez not being in the game to any effective amount.
Yeah, also, i thought Pep might have switched Foden and Doku as the 2H went on to give a different look and put Foden against the Scouser's traffic cone RB

Chickens coming home to roost. Net spend seems to be club’s vision. Bench full of paper weights. Likely to come back from Saudi Arabia 6/8 points adrift and the gap will prove too much. Wolves away was so annoying, chance to build up a buffer. Most of Europe is in a mess, so the treble could still be on. That said, I think we are weaker than 6 month ago. Maybe planning for life in league one? (Banter)
Tbf net spend means nothing in relevance to our club , we could spend nothing for the next five years and we would still be tarred with the same brush , "big spending City can sign who they want".
We made over £350m in prize money alone last season when winning the treble , we should spend every penny on recruiting the best players around , Mbappe , Kimmich , Sane , Bellingham and many other top quality players , lets get the big pot of piss boiling over , and spend , spend , spend :)

We're not playing anywhere near our best & you're bang on Stones & KDB are a big miss.
Frustrating game because personally I thought we needed to get a second as Dippers looked dangerous on the break & looked like getting 1 goal.
But we had more than enough chances to kill the game & get a 2nd. Wasteful in front of goal. It wasn't our day. It happens.
We weren't playing well for a fair bit from October to February last season.
At that point I didn't think we'd win the league nevermind a treble.
We have it in us to go on a run. We just need to stay near the top & then we should improve in the New year with players back etc. We need to beat Spurs & Villa though.
Let's see what the rest of the year brings
Do we have it in us against top 8 teams now!? You can easily see deaws and losses as much as wins against most of top half now, which is fair enough. Teams do reach their peak..last season was ours as a club.

I put on the forum Lewis would not be selected for this game, despite many thinking he deserved a game against the Bins and I've no clue why! What's your reasoning for putting him forward and Guardiola not?

I mean, not even a cameo, which should tell you something!
I think Pep uses kidology to boost Lewis' confidence..got him an intl call up after a handful of starts v mostly lower opposition. Not ready for top games from the start ..in Pep's eyes which is fair enough.. will any academy players match Foden in future? I think even Phil has too many ave games to illicit real trust in academy products..

We don’t know who is 100% and who isn’t, and Pep is reluctant with youngsters in the big games. But I don’t just see it as about Rico, and yesterday, it is how we are responding overall to KDB and Stones being out. I’m not sure there is another centre half in world football who can play the way Stones does, but if there is, it isn’t Akanji. Actually given his superb assist yesterday, we might be better getting Ake to be the one who goes into midfield. As for covering KDB, personally I don’t think Alvarez is comfortable coming deep, and Foden can certainly play there. I am just frustrated, because I feel we let those bastards off the hook yesterday.
On another selection point, missing KDB, Nunes, Kovacic and Grealish, and still Philips is nowhere near a game. That is the definition of out of favour.

Akanji brings a different level of control when he goes forward, but his overall effect is the same. Stones just looks more 'silky' (circling back on himself, etc.) when he does it, whilst Akanji is more pragmatic and will still find a forward pass.

So, in my mind, there's confirmation bias going on there for Stones and I include myself in that as I said he could play this position years ago.

I think Phillips not playing is for the same reason Lewis didn't. Both are a 'soft touch' in the middle. Phillips didn't help himself in the first part of the season being overly safe and ginger in the pass selections and the tackling as to why he's not a go to. In respect to this view, I think his injury played on his mind more than it should have, affecting his City career.

Akanji brings a different level of control when he goes forward, but his overall effect is the same. Stones just looks more 'silky' (circling back on himself, etc.) when he does it, whilst Akanji is more pragmatic and will still find a forward pass.

So, in my mind, there's confirmation bias going on there for Stones and I include myself in that as I said he could play this position years ago.

I think Phillips not playing is for the same reason Lewis didn't. Both are a 'soft touch' in the middle. Phillips didn't help himself in the first part of the season being overly safe and ginger in the pass selections and the tackling as to why he's not a go to. In respect to this view, I think his injury played on his mind more than it should have, affecting his City career.
Has Phillips got it in his locker..rarely assistedat Leeds ..loads of huff and puff but thats not where we are at! Mad buy because when at Leeds he wasn't technically that good

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.