Liverpool (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Tbf net spend means nothing in relevance to our club , we could spend nothing for the next five years and we would still be tarred with the same brush , "big spending City can sign who they want".
We made over £350m in prize money alone last season when winning the treble , we should spend every penny on recruiting the best players around , Mbappe , Kimmich , Sane , Bellingham and many other top quality players , lets get the big pot of piss boiling over , and spend , spend , spend :)

We should. Not the first game this season where Pep has not made a single sub. I wanted Palmer to stay. I think the squad is 2/3 players light. We dined out on the fact that last season we were lucky with injuries.
Not sure of the end game, but on surface Pep seems a bit lax. No ambition at Arsenal, begging for the whistle at 1-1, yesterday. We couldn’t shut the game down at Chelsea.
Maybe it is the international breaks, but can’t get into this season and if we’d have been on it, could’ve got a decent lead by now.

Has Phillips got it in his locker..rarely assistedat Leeds ..loads of huff and puff but thats not where we are at! Mad buy because when at Leeds he wasn't technically that good

When he was fit, he led their midfield. Picked out great passes from distance.

But, also, Leeds played him unfit and just coming back from injury. Unless the injury was surgical, he played.

That's how I seem to remember it.

Fair comments. Also where do you go mentally after the treble? I think some top players wanted a break Gundo..Bernie even Ruben..Grealish. will live off last season KDB could be tge end. Mahrez a bug squad miss..i think we have to accept we are one of 6 or 7 in the league who could win it. Sadly Arsenal could have tge steel to do it, even Newcastle if they don't get through the group stages.. all looks tough for us. Pep could also be thinking i need a rest soon. We have been through worse but its starting to resemble walking through treacle this season..
Haha! Fair comments. Get a grip.

We don’t know who is 100% and who isn’t, and Pep is reluctant with youngsters in the big games. But I don’t just see it as about Rico, and yesterday, it is how we are responding overall to KDB and Stones being out. I’m not sure there is another centre half in world football who can play the way Stones does, but if there is, it isn’t Akanji. Actually given his superb assist yesterday, we might be better getting Ake to be the one who goes into midfield. As for covering KDB, personally I don’t think Alvarez is comfortable coming deep, and Foden can certainly play there. I am just frustrated, because I feel we let those bastards off the hook yesterday.
On another selection point, missing KDB, Nunes, Kovacic and Grealish, and still Philips is nowhere near a game. That is the definition of out of favour.
Akanji had a good game .Alvarez has been playing in that role to fill the void in kdb’s absent and has been undroppable (pep’s words) bar yesterday. He is still a human who just flew around the globe without gravity for many hours not too long agao.Yes he is a pro athlete earning loads of money but he’s not a cyborg .

We should. Not the first game this season where Pep has not made a single sub. I wanted Palmer to stay. I think the squad is 2/3 players light. We dined out on the fact that last season we were lucky with injuries.
Not sure of the end game, but on surface Pep seems a bit lax. No ambition at Arsenal, begging for the whistle at 1-1, yesterday. We couldn’t shut the game down at Chelsea.
Maybe it is the international breaks, but can’t get into this season and if we’d have been on it, could’ve got a decent lead by now.
You should stick to blowing that long thing in your mouth.

I respect those that say 'stop worrying about the half&half tourists and enjoy the game', but yesterday in CBL3, row C, which is where I have sat since the Etihad opened - I have never seen so many tourists/secret scousers in my life - many clearly from overseas. It was like being at the Community Shield. A good chunk of regular SC holders were there too, but being surrounded by so many iphone-recording, half&half wearing, non-Blues just ruins the atmosphere...its the same this season at so many away games - where the fuck are the touts getting so many tickets. Thnk I will lose my shit if I see a tourist at Luton away...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.