Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Was thinking the same thing....posted earlier about the intensity that personified Klopp and his team in his first couple of seasons seems to have almost vanished....

Another thing Ive noticed is that Mane ( a player i do really like) never looks happy....I do wonder if he hates being in Salah's shadow? - wonder if there is friction there?

He has 12 months left on his contract and it doesn't get the same discussion as Salah's own situation, so it could piss him off in some respects.

Our balls over their high line exposed just how limited they are for pace and running back towards their own goal.

Pep knows Liverpool want to hit the spaces quickly in the corners and it's actually easier to plan for.

The one that gets me is the “these two teams are dominating the league having shared the title over the past 4 seasons”. I mean technically true but we have won 3 of them. Why not extended the timeframe and bring Chelsea and/Leicester into the mix who have also won titles?

For me, this season is so important for how this period is judged. 4 titles in 5 years is complete domination of the league. 3 titles v 2 titles is a different story.

And they don't even want to factor the two titles won prior to Pep's tenure, which would make it six in ten years if we manage to do back-to-back for the second time in five seasons!

This is Liverpool's last proper swing at another Champions League in this cycle, so if we could now win it with the Prem, the manufactured debate would be futile.

Was it just me whose mind kept replaying Mahrez missing what should have been our winner in their sleep :-(

Think he give me PTSD.

I hope in the bigger scheme of things it has no bearing.

I have a pathological hatred of Liverpool and their insufferable fan base.

Said to the Rag brother-in-law before " Surely you useless fuckers have one decent game in you somewhere "

Now that is clutching at straws !

I'm not sure what "the history of modern football" means. The law says "Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."
it wasnt excessive force and based on similar yellow cards issued doesnt seem to fit the criteria of endagering safety

I'm starting to get pissed off how Liverpool's narrative is being attached to our own achievements and greatness over the five or six years.

The difference between the teams yesterday was there for all to see, as is the fact, Pep has had Klopp's number in all the games since the Champions League exit to them.

Tactically, style, results, trophies,goals, clean sheets, we are ahead in every metric.

It's even got to the point now where the media are manipulating the stats to not factor in in our 2018 title win, as that would obviously evidence the points/trophies by both teams since then has a big differential.

I read yesterday that Pep is three games short of quickest to 200 Prem League wins - despite playing thirty-odd games less than Klopp and arriving a year later.

Liverpool are ruthless up top, but I believe Klopp is struggling to keep the rest of the team up with them and will have to evolve against City with that defence and midfield.

We’ve just got to win the trophies.

If we win the treble this season then the trophy cabinets will reveal it to be a Ferguson/Wenger type rivalry where one wins all the trophies and the other talks a lot.

If Liverpool win the quadruple their trophy haul since Pep arrived is simply better.

That guy truly is an idiot among fools.

He isn't, he know's what he's doing.

Choosing a rubbish team of the week and everyone clicks on the article, shares and/or talks about it.

Sadly what journalism has become.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.