Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

I'll take the result but we fucking battered them.

Still in our hands.
Sorry to post this here … bbc sport website today… Garth Crooks team of the week no City players…. But 2 from liverpool…. He very rarely picks a City player.

Gabby doesn't get a touch of the ball, let alone get control of it, he just runs into the goalkeeper, you'd be fuming if that was given against us.
Who would you say was in control of the ball? I’d say nobody until the keeper picks it up, Van dick definitely impedes Gabby which causes him to collide with the keeper, the same logic was applied to avoid giving Thiago a second yellow card with an excuse that Rodri pushed him into the challenge on Kev

Hardly any mention of the Fabinho tackle anywhere. That's a blatant red card!!
Peter Walton in the Times said it was reckless, and then made some mad comment about it being on the ankle and not the shin so not a red! He did concede that Thiago should have been sent off. That's 2 red cards they've got away with in the league against us.

Mahrez wanted the glory instead of sensibly squaring it to Foden, but we had plenty of chances before then hitting the post three times and the bar once, iirc. Had we been more clinical and less wasteful we'd have won easily.

Our performance belied the result as we were by far the best side, and that gives me confidence we can hold on to our lead and retain the title.

But did Dick Van Dyk give him a nudge in the back strange for it not too be shown on a replay either wsy
I mean he did, but not nearly enough of one to give a penalty over. Not watched the game back, so dunno about replays or whatever, but I am in the corner where it happened and it didn't look like one in real time (though of course I booed and gave the ref shit for not giving it).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.