Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

We’ve just got to win the trophies.

If we win the treble this season then the trophy cabinets will reveal it to be a Ferguson/Wenger type rivalry where one wins all the trophies and the other talks a lot.

If Liverpool win the quadruple their trophy haul since Pep arrived is simply better.
This is it for me

we simply must win the league this season to put to bed the narrative of two great teams competing for the trophies

city are THE great side of this era and it would be a travesty having to share the limelight with them

we proved this out on the pitch yesterday , unfortunately the result not matching our performance

Christ...that should be an easy pass to Foden for a virtual tap in. Never realised from my seat that he chose to try an execute such a difficult finish with Phil onside and facing goal.
The more I look at that frame, and the more I think about the corrupt refereeing, the more angry I get. But, at the same time, the more proud I am of the team, wasted chances and all, for very nearly overcoming such insurmountable odds.

Fucking hell, cheating cunts. We'll just have to do it the hard way again.

the sterling miss in the first half is what really hurts for me ? the offside and sterling putting away the chance can be judged right or wrong. but the miss only lies at sterlings feet

It's longer than you remember. I'm pretty sure Foden heard the whistle before he shot, you could see people stop playing.
That was the problem. Whistle was blown before the ball was put in the net, so a goal was never scored. Therefore VAR can’t get involved. In my opinion this was another mistake from good old Mr Taylor.

i really enjoyed yesterday, had a great day and despite the tension in the stadium i thought it was a great epxerience and i enjoyed the match. Mahrez's miss was very annoying but yesterday i came away with a sense of missed opportunity but nothing severe.

Today, however, i have watched back a lot and can definitely confirm it was a much larger missed opportunity than my slightly inebriated self appreciated yesterday. Two crosses just evading Sterling, Sterling and Mahrez one on one, sterling's 'offside', Mahrez hits post, Jesus twice neglects to square and shanks to the near post, KdB just kissing the post and into the side netting....there's more i'm probably missing. Liverpool had a couple of shots and of course they carried a threat, they're a strong team, but this was definitely an escape for them. The second liverpool goal was sadly very sloppy from Walker who otherwise had a great game.

But did Dick Van Dyk give him a nudge in the back strange for it not too be shown on a replay either wsy
When I looked back at it, the single camera angle they showed didn’t really show what had happened. I often think the fact that they didn’t show a reply kinda confirms that there’s something to see. All part of the fix imo. I watched that bad sports doc recently about Moggie at Juve. Really good insight into how football gets fixed. It’s about percentages. Probably impossible to accurately predict the score and outcome of every game but not impossible to work the percentages by having a few friendly refs etc. I’ve absolutely no doubt that there’s an element of coercion in all professional sports. The line of acceptable practice is constantly being stretched.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.