Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Did the cameras pick up on that Barney between Rodri and Bernard? Rodri seemed really upset but we couldn't tell why from where we were.

2 games this season and 3 reds they have gotten away with. The amount of decisions that go against us in this fixture is an utter joke and it's never mentioned. All the media questioning the appointent of a referee from Manchester have suddenly gone quiet. Tossers.

I'm starting to get pissed off how Liverpool's narrative is being attached to our own achievements and greatness over the five or six years.

The difference between the teams yesterday was there for all to see, as is the fact, Pep has had Klopp's number in all the games since the Champions League exit to them.

Tactically, style, results, trophies,goals, clean sheets, we are ahead in every metric.

It's even got to the point now where the media are manipulating the stats to not factor in in our 2018 title win, as that would obviously evidence the points/trophies by both teams since then has a big differential.

I read yesterday that Pep is three games short of quickest to 200 Prem League wins - despite playing thirty-odd games less than Klopp and arriving a year later.

Liverpool are ruthless up top, but I believe Klopp is struggling to keep the rest of the team up with them and will have to evolve against City with that defence and midfield.

Absolutely right mate, and it’s a clear angle being pushed by the media - that we’re the two best teams of the last 6 years (since Pep and Klopp) - when the reality is you’ve got one team genuinely hitting the heights of greatness, and one who are their nearest challengers.

They’re even pushing the line that Pep and Bingo are pretty much neck and neck for the accolade of being the best manager of the modern era in England - when the reality is they’ve won one League title to our three, zero FA Cups to our one, one League Cup to our four, and one CL to our none.

That’s three major trophies to our eight in the same timeframe.

That’s not even close.

Even if they doubled their trophy count, they still wouldn’t be at our level!

They’re a good side - but we’re a level above them, and they know it.

That was the problem. Whistle was blown before the ball was put in the net, so a goal was never scored. Therefore VAR can’t get involved. In my opinion this was another mistake from good old Mr Taylor.

No, the whistle was blown well before the shot. VAR was never going to get involved.

If you ever wanted a revelation of bias, read the times post match report… paraphrasing but it goes along the lines of ‘VAR played its part, most notably the rocket from salah, which clipped the hand of Laporte and no corner given’, nothing on the interpretation or sterling’s effort mind or the cynical challenges we endured the last 20 minutes!

If you ever wanted a revelation of bias, read the times post match report… paraphrasing but it goes along the lines of ‘VAR played its part, most notably the rocket from salah, which clipped the hand of Laporte and no corner given’, nothing on the interpretation or sterling’s effort mind or the cynical challenges we endured the last 20 minutes!

Alyson Rudd?

There is, IIRC, actually a ruling that says that offside should be judged at the moment when the player making the pass actually makes contact with the ball for his pass, not when the ball is released.

So why is it that on the NBC freeze frame, like the one sky used after Raheem scored, at the point he plays the ball Kevin's right leg is more or less upright, but on the freeze frame used by VAR his leg is extended and the ball is, as many have said, elongated due to the freeze frame. In other words, it's not when his foot makes contact with the ball, it's as it leaves it.

So why did VAR use the wrong frame? To my mind that can only be deliberate.
It's deliberately or incompetent. But given the PGMOL are a secretive closed shop that is not open to any scrutiny or any accountability it does make you wonder.

I hope the club asks Riley and Co for an explanation of these decisions. Because if you are going to draw lines down to 5cm surely you have to get the ball contact correct aswell?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.