Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

If you ever wanted a revelation of bias, read the times post match report… paraphrasing but it goes along the lines of ‘VAR played its part, most notably the rocket from salah, which clipped the hand of Laporte and no corner given’, nothing on the interpretation or sterling’s effort mind or the cynical challenges we endured the last 20 minutes!
It came off his thigh not hand, but yeah it should've been a corner.

I don't even understand the narrative that they were the better team in the second half. They dominated for the first ten minutes of the half but once we settled down we controlled the tempo and had all the chances.

Anyone who watched that game, if they're honest with themselves, knows we were the better team and should of won.

i wish we did the same fault on Salah before his assist to Mane just like Fabinho did on Bernardo or Thiago on KDB. a quick yellow, maybe a a few studs mark on Salah leg same as Bernardo got from Fabinho but we keep it 2-1.

Sky and BBC's MOTD spent more time analysing the injustices of a corner not awarded for the Dippers than any foul or 2nd yellow card incident, potentially awarded to us.
tu3xhUI.gif

I'm starting to get pissed off how Liverpool's narrative is being attached to our own achievements and greatness over the five or six years.

The difference between the teams yesterday was there for all to see, as is the fact, Pep has had Klopp's number in all the games since the Champions League exit to them.

Tactically, style, results, trophies,goals, clean sheets, we are ahead in every metric.

It's even got to the point now where the media are manipulating the stats to not factor in in our 2018 title win, as that would obviously evidence the points/trophies by both teams since then has a big differential.

I read yesterday that Pep is three games short of quickest to 200 Prem League wins - despite playing thirty-odd games less than Klopp and arriving a year later.

Liverpool are ruthless up top, but I believe Klopp is struggling to keep the rest of the team up with them and will have to evolve against City with that defence and midfield.
Absolutely.

Walking back from the ground to Piccadilly yesterday my lot were talking about these points you outline as we went over the way the game had just unfolded.

I said that, if nothing else, not losing to that lot had spiked the anticipated media narrative for this week regarding The Scouse Filth 'hunting us down' and 'leaving us in their wake as they close in on another title'.

But I'm also sure that during the game and overnight, the media (and indeed a lot of Liverpool’s squad and supporters) have actually realised that we are streets ahead of them, that what Pep has done is to revolutionise the game in England. Not that they'd admit it..

Liverpool is a good team, no question. But yesterday all of that team's collective efforts, abilities, energy and technical skills were concentrated on just trying to keep up with us, trying to negate us.

They were gifted two goals by us (Jesus failing to prevent Robertson from crossing into the box and KdB and Eddy giving up possession cheaply straight from the 2nd half kick-off) yet created zero chances otherwise. Nor did Liverpool put us under any sustained pressure as we did them for the majority of the game.

And it was the same during the game at Anfield earlier this season.

Hence, the false media narrative now emerging, as you say, to allow The Scouse Filth to bask in the reflected glory of the unprecedented achievements of Pep and his squad in recent years.

The media whores and their anti-City agenda are plain to see. They'll never give us the credit we're due, so f**k 'em..

Last edited:
Absolutely right mate, and it’s a clear angle being pushed by the media - that we’re the two best teams of the last 6 years (since Pep and Klopp) - when the reality is you’ve got one team genuinely hitting the heights of greatness, and one who are their nearest challengers.

They’re even pushing the line that Pep and Bingo are pretty much neck and neck for the accolade of being the best manager of the modern era in England - when the reality is they’ve won one League title to our three, zero FA Cups to our one, one League Cup to our four, and one CL to our none.

That’s three major trophies to our eight in the same timeframe.

That’s not even close.

Even if they doubled their trophy count, they still wouldn’t be at our level!

They’re a good side - but we’re a level above them, and they know it.
The dipper infested media can spout all the shite they want but everyone knows that since Klopp’s arrival City are out on their own by miles and then it’s a close run thing for 2nd between Chelsea and the dippers with Chelsea edging it currently

I'm a fairly big fan of XG, but all the models from yesterday have us fairly neck and neck, which seems like a nonsense to me. A proper game for some of the "watch the game, not the data" sorts on here!

Fuck sake

Think it’s time for the club to let everyone know they’ve introduced a system of analytical cameras (nudge nudge) which will pick up on these tight offside calls.
Also, why is spider cam never used? Surely that system would help with tight calls

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.