Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Ederson kicking into alissons arms straight from the kick off was the catylust for that goal. I'm amazed nobody else has brought it up.
I wondered what he was trying to achieve launching it long like that.
i always dread him kicking it long without any purpose.
he did it against palace a few years back. Which resulted in them grabbing a winner late on.
we should have defended better afterwards but it was a cheap giveaway

I wondered what he was trying to achieve launching it long like that.
i always dread him kicking it long without any purpose.
he did it against palace a few years back. Which resulted in them grabbing a winner late on.
we should have defended better afterwards but it was a cheap giveaway
Ederson must have the lowest percentage of kicking it long without any purpose of any gk I’ve ever seen.

I think I’m giving Allison 49% credit for the save (leg extended in the opposite direction of his movement) and Sterling 51% responsibility for the miss

with kane or haaland its more like 75% to them scoring to 25% the keeper saving it

Ederson must have the lowest percentage of kicking it long without any purpose of any gk I’ve ever seen.
That is true. Which makes it more bizarre.
It was the catalyst. The first mistake that lead to more mistakes.
we weren’t set defensively afterwards unfortunately.

we could have been 2 up and flying. but like the other post said you have to give some credit to the keeper
but i still feel a kane or haaland score that
Yeah I don’t think the goal we scored would have happened if Sterling had scored though. I think it was virtually the same passage of play wasn’t it?

it’s the story of our season. However, would we have played as well with a striker? I have no idea.

Think it’s time for the club to let everyone know they’ve introduced a system of analytical cameras (nudge nudge) which will pick up on these tight offside calls.
Also, why is spider cam never used? Surely that system would help with tight calls
I've always thought that this would be the best camera to use if it was dead centre of the pitch. Using a camera that is not in line with the "offside" line, to me, introduces a margin for error. In the images the lines are in line with the pitch lines mowing lines but how accurate are they? He was onside in my eyes bast on the earlier frame.

I don’t disagree, my point is that he made the wrong decision by ignoring the easier and much higher chance play in that moment, which would have won the game.
If you watch a reply he takes a bad touch which puts the ball behind him so he has to adjust and is not quite at the right angle for the perfect shot or pass.
His lob did get deflected over too which may have made a difference.

Our tactics in this match were as far removed from how we normally play as Pep has ever produced during his time at City. If anything, we played more like how Liverpool usually play. What’s interesting then is the “Pep overthinks the big games” crowd are nowhere to be seen. Remember games such as this one when those comments next crop up. We played very well with unusual tactics (for us), but because it wasn’t a bad performance, or a loss, nobody considers the fact Pep didn’t say “do what you usually do lads” to get that performance. Let him do his thing, in other words.
Klopp mentioned in his post match interview that we played more "direct" than Liverpool.
It definitely worked regarding creating chances, but unfortunately (as with the Mahrez chance) only scored twice.
Our patient build up play from the back, was sometimes frustrating to watch, but it seemed to make Liverpool press us higher up the pitch, which allowed the longer ball.
Hopefully, other teams, especially Spurs, play a similar way, against Liverpool.
They are really not as good defensively, as the media make them out to be...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.