Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

A few have claimed that the previous frame I posted showing the options available to Riyad for the potential game-winning chance at the end of the match was misleading, and that he couldn’t actually make the pass to Foden or sweep it in to the far post.

So here is a frame from *just* before he sends it in the stands with lines for what he did (red) and what he could have done (yellow).

I am not sure how anyone could argue that playing Foden is was not the easy of the two options, and mostly certainly an all but certain game winner.

9-EB05-C1-D-BED0-42-AE-B0-DD-ECD6-AFA1-D233.jpg
Suppose he has a split second to make a decision and he made the wrong one. Allison looks like he got his decision right there. He played well yesterday.

A few have claimed that the previous frame I posted showing the options available to Riyad for the potential game-winning chance at the end of the match was misleading, and that he couldn’t actually make the pass to Foden or sweep it in to the far post.

So here is a frame from *just* before he sends it in the stands with lines for what he did (red) and what he could have done (yellow).

I am not sure how anyone could argue that playing Foden is was not the easy of the two options, and mostly certainly an all but certain game winner.

Foden gets not passed to religiously in the box and the only person who looks up and picks an actual player out (not a space) is Grealish (when given the chance). Its possible we'll train that out of him but I hope not. Or maybe we're just missing a striker.

It's very easy to freeze frame and pick out easier options but at full speed Mahrze could not be sure foden is onside, it wast a clear cut pass for me, I think the pass or shoot choice was 50/50. I think the mistake was trying to lift the ball, he should of tried to curl it nto the left corner

the second pic is defintely before the first pic as his leg is still bent before he follows through in kicking the ball.....the question is how do you time a pass...the moment KDB's foot makes contact or the moment the ball comes awaw from KDB's foot....for me its the latter...the pass hasnt been played till after it leaves the players foot...but i can understand how others might disagree on that.

The other issue is the parts of the body for me with which they use to judge offside..I knoe you can technically score with your chest/torso and head as well as obviously with any part of the leg BUT for me offside should be judged on the players feet and no where else....
FIFA said its the point the foot first makes contact with the ball

It's very easy to freeze frame and pick out easier options but at full speed Mahrze could not be sure foden is onside, it wast a clear cut pass for me, I think the pass or shoot choice was 50/50. I think the mistake was trying to lift the ball, he should of tried to curl it nto the left corner
That’s fine, but I still argue he choose the most difficult finish available to him in that moment.

Suppose he has a split second to make a decision and he made the wrong one. Allison looks like he got his decision right there. He played well yesterday.
I don’t disagree, my point is that he made the wrong decision by ignoring the easier and much higher chance play in that moment, which would have won the game.

It is expected goals. Basically they calculate how many chances you create, and the likelihood you'd score them based on the averages of players scoring from similar positions. So if you get a penalty you get a score of 0.8. Its not a perfect stat, but if a team scores an XG of 4.1 but only wins 1-0 you get a sense of how one sided the game was even if the team didn't score loads.
Thanks for the explanation - but seems meaningless.

Thanks for the explanation - but seems meaningless.
I like it as a stat….for example Trent trying a wonder goal would go as a shot on target but this helps provide a bit more context as to realistically whether it was a chance. It’s subjective obviously but I think in general gives a better indication of chances for a team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.