Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Yes, on balance I think Foden would have been the right option. I just don’t think it was so clear cut as others do. Pl goalkeepers are trained to read those situations, Alisson was probably 80%+ sure that Mahrez was going to shoot and positioned himself accordingly. If Mahrez had decided to pass, his body position would have changed and, in such a tight position, would have been looking at Foden immediately before passing. Alisson would have read that and been moving towards Foden at the time of that freeze frame shot.

Also, how many times have we berated our players for trying one pass too many when they should have shot ? It's easy to say a decision was wrong in hindsight.

Also, how many times have we berated our players for trying one pass too many when they should have shot ? It's easy to say a decision was wrong in hindsight.
There are a number of times I think we shoot when we should pass or pass when we should shoot, suspect you are right that it is easy to criticise with the benefit of hindsight. None the less though it is infuriating.

anyone know why free kick was allowed to be taken at least 5 yards from where foul was just before 1st goal ?

i just this second had a flashback to Ederson scuffing the floor then passing the ball off the goal line with an onrushing attacker. Just had another heart attack all over again.

Yes, on balance I think Foden would have been the right option. I just don’t think it was so clear cut as others do. Pl goalkeepers are trained to read those situations, Alisson was probably 80%+ sure that Mahrez was going to shoot and positioned himself accordingly. If Mahrez had decided to pass, his body position would have changed and, in such a tight position, would have been looking at Foden immediately before passing. Alisson would have read that and been moving towards Foden at the time of that freeze frame shot.
But not too many mentions of the poor first touch, which hugely reduced the chance - seemed to me the pass was into his stride and a no-touch first time chip with plenty more space to clear the keeper would have been a better call.

But not too many mentions of the poor first touch, which hugely reduced the chance - seemed to me the pass was into his stride and a no-touch first time chip with plenty more space to clear the keeper would have been a better call.
The bit that seems to be being overlooked here is that Matip actually deflects the ball over the bar.

we could have been 2 up and flying. but like the other post said you have to give some credit to the keeper
but i still feel a kane or haaland score that
Haaland or Kane and this game means nothing as we are already clear . Should have kept Torres aswell .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.