Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Yep, the speed they all play mean the gaps and angles are closed so quickly. Think about Rodri’s unbelievable tackle in the match at Anfield. If it was us, we’d take a few seconds, probably bump into someone, pull a Phil jones gurn. But they’re on a different planet, a micro second of indecision - Mahrez’s standing leg seemed to get in his way - and the chance becomes difficult.

But fuck it. Despite the media shite, they know we’re the better team, they needed a win and are relieved at the draw. They’re now talking it up as still being in the race, but they know they have to be perfect. I think that will drive us on.
I think most people underestimate how quickly Alison would have reacted if Mahrez had passed to Foden. Foden would have scored if he’d taken the ball round Alisson, but he wouldn’t have got an easy shot away

Is there anybody actually at the games that claims to not celebrate a goal anymore? You see so many comments about people saying they dont celebrate yet I've never seen a single person refuse to celebrate at the ground.
I celebrate but then immediately stop, usually turn to whomever I'm with and we stop until its confirmed.

I actually believe this is a problem more for city fans than fans of other clubs either because of the bias against us from VAR or more likely its what comes with the fine margins we operate in.

But yes I've started to learn not to celebrate too much. Either at the game or at home

Is there anybody actually at the games that claims to not celebrate a goal anymore? You see so many comments about people saying they dont celebrate yet I've never seen a single person refuse to celebrate at the ground.
I don't think it's possible to not celebrate, when we score it's instinctive it isn't a thought process.

Havent been to the etihad since 2019 so cant comment on in-stadium celebrations, but no longer celebrate goals on the tv. VAR has taken that raw spontaneous emotion of celebrating a goal away.

Theres no point, the inevitable disappointment of a goal being ruled out is just too much. Now i just wait and see if its confirmed, then maybe a small fist clench in celebration. Sad times.

The narrative that ourselves and the Dippers are the two best teams in the world is bollocks , there is only one best team and that is us , the Dippers are second best and have been proven for years, The last nine meetings they have won one ,we have four times more trophies since Klopp arrived , and the 338 versus 337 points is also bollocks
Take into account Klippety's first two seasons and he is still over 30 points behind Pep, f*cking media blowing smoke up Clubshop and Dippers backsides to sell papers and generate clicks
The Dippers are still living off the 3-0 champs league win at Klanfield nearly five years ago, and there were mitigating circumstances with their feral support destroying the team coach 90 minutes before kick-off.
F*ck off Dippers , know your place, second best ,suck it up.
Take it as a compliment. By elevating the 2 teams to the ‘Best in the World/Best Ever in the PL’ they’ve basically said that they now believe that City are the ‘Best Ever’ by dint of actual success on the field.

They’ve inadvertently agreed that we are the dogs bollocks.

Havent been to the etihad since 2019 so cant comment on in-stadium celebrations, but no longer celebrate goals on the tv. VAR has taken that raw spontaneous emotion of celebrating a goal away.

Theres no point, the inevitable disappointment of a goal being ruled out is just too much. Now i just wait and see if its confirmed, then maybe a small fist clench in celebration. Sad times.
Same here. Unless it's obvious that VAR can't get involved. Long shots, own goals, 1on 1.

But even then it's t still a low level fear that VAR could throw in one of its clear mistakes against us.

If yesterday’s game finished 6 - 2, there couldn’t have been any complaints from the dippers. That’s how much we we in control.
You've not thought that through have you:
The grass was too long or the grass was too short
The lines were too wide
Alty was biased.
The clown on VAR was biased.
We cheated. I'm not sure how but they'd have come up with something.
We should have had three red cards for being better than them.

You've not thought that through have you:
The grass was too long or the grass was too short
The lines were too wide
Alty was biased.
The clown on VAR was biased.
We cheated. I'm not sure how but they'd have come up with something.
We should have had three red cards for being better than them.
I hold my hands up.
You have given me a little giggle this morning, thanks!

I don't think it's possible to not celebrate, when we score it's instinctive it isn't a thought process.
I actually didn't celebrate Jesus's goal as i was convinced it was offside. That being said i went crazy when Sterling scored and that one does get disallowed. Picked the wrong bloody one to have my sensible head on.

My inability to celebrate goals pre-dates VAR. I was probably the last person in the ground to celebrate the Aguero goal. I’ve always had to check that the linesmen hasn’t raised his flag and that the referee is heading back to the centre circle. I had a moment of panic that day because I couldn’t locate the ref.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.