Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

The narrative that ourselves and the Dippers are the two best teams in the world is bollocks , there is only one best team and that is us , the Dippers are second best and have been proven for years, The last nine meetings they have won one ,we have four times more trophies since Klopp arrived , and the 338 versus 337 points is also bollocks
Take into account Klippety's first two seasons and he is still over 30 points behind Pep, f*cking media blowing smoke up Clubshop and Dippers backsides to sell papers and generate clicks
The Dippers are still living off the 3-0 champs league win at Klanfield nearly five years ago, and there were mitigating circumstances with their feral support destroying the team coach 90 minutes before kick-off.
F*ck off Dippers , know your place, second best ,suck it up.
The officiating in the CL away game was to be diplomatic, very favourable to them and a big factor in the result.

My inability to celebrate goals pre-dates VAR. I was probably the last person in the ground to celebrate the Aguero goal. I’ve always had to check that the linesmen hasn’t raised his flag and that the referee is heading back to the centre circle. I had a moment of panic that day because I couldn’t locate the ref.
You are James Milner and I claim my £5.

Foden gets not passed to religiously in the box and the only person who looks up and picks an actual player out (not a space) is Grealish (when given the chance). Its possible we'll train that out of him but I hope not. Or maybe we're just missing a striker.
If Foden is playing as a number 9 and the team are playing to that style, then he should receive the ball more.
He gets in a very position for a pass often enough and he's got a great shot.

I think most people underestimate how quickly Alison would have reacted if Mahrez had passed to Foden. Foden would have scored if he’d taken the ball round Alisson, but he wouldn’t have got an easy shot away
Phil is well capable of taking it around Alison and scoring or being brought down. Marhez probably would have blasted any penalty over the bar though.

Not one mention in the press of our best defender missing the game. stark contrast to when van dyke misses a game and it’s all we hear about in the build up to the game during from the commentary and pundits. Not a peep about us missing Dias

Phil is well capable of taking it around Alison and scoring or being brought down. Marhez probably would have blasted any penalty over the bar though.
Yes, on balance I think Foden would have been the right option. I just don’t think it was so clear cut as others do. Pl goalkeepers are trained to read those situations, Alisson was probably 80%+ sure that Mahrez was going to shoot and positioned himself accordingly. If Mahrez had decided to pass, his body position would have changed and, in such a tight position, would have been looking at Foden immediately before passing. Alisson would have read that and been moving towards Foden at the time of that freeze frame shot.

Not one mention in the press of our best defender missing the game. stark contrast to when van dyke misses a game and it’s all we hear about in the build up to the game during from the commentary and pundits. Not a peep about us missing Dias
The narrative is already set, we have 3 players in every position, despite not having a natural striker or left back. I think if you looked at the stats this season more youth team players have made the bench than in any other season since the takeover (pure guesswork) Van Dicks absence was used to explain every deficiency Liverpool faced last season, including the players being physically shot, it papered over so many cracks and bought them time for a mini rebuild in Jota Diaz & Konate

Was on a stag weekend so haven't been on here since before the match.
Thought its one where we might end up regretting. Couldn't put them to bed and take the win which we deserved.
Jesus twice and Mahrez at the end were very greedy I thought, could have rolled it across to team mates in better positions but instead took on more difficult attempts.
On to the next one, we're gonna need to win them all I fear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.