Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Football should be about spontaneous fun. VAR is about correcting CLEAR AND OBVIOUS mistakes. It's not remotely clear or obvious whether he was offside. When goals this like are chalked off, it spoils the game completely. I would much rather have goals like this allowed to stand as it's not clear that anyone made a mistake.

I really dislike VAR, it kills any enjoyment of goals being scored.
This is absolutely correct.

I actually didn’t immediately celebrate the Sterling goal or the Jesus goal, literally saying to my missus and my little one that I am just going to wait to see if VAR rules it off for a supposed 1mm offside.

It’s literally ruined the excitement of football.

And then it ****ing refuses to correct ACTUAL clear and obvious errors like the Fabinho and Thiago challenges.

And I am convinced it is all by design.

20 mistakes is incompetence.

20000 mistakes is corruption.

Five or six crosses right across their 6yd box, nobody anticipating or gambling
That chance for Stones first half on the six yard box, header across (couldn’t see who it was) needed to be cushioned, you know the type, where you stick your head in your neck as far as possible and just let the ball trickle.

I know why he did it and agree with him. But surely even you can see thar Sterling is below the quality we need to stay at the top.

I don't see that, no. He's never been a natural finisher, sure. And yet still, he's been one of the most important players in the most successful side we've ever had, year after year after year. How do you square the fact he's been one of our most important players through so much success with this idea that he is "below the quality we need to stay at the top". He is the top.

He's not a striker but was asked to put in a shift and the tactic worked; every time Matip or Van Dijk got the ball at their feet they shat themselves.

We will miss him when he's gone.

Sterling was the right choice to start but he didn't help himself. The right tactic was to play the ball long towards him, Foden or Jesus, all of whom have pace and would beat van Dijk and Matip. We know Ederson can do that with great accuracy.

Yet so many times, when that ball was potentially on, he was standing a yard offside, effectively playing himself out of the game. Brainless.

Interesting. I had to watch on tv so didn't get that perspective.

The Wolves game is the one that worries me the most, bastards know how to frustrate teams.
That's true.

However, if we go into that game needing all three points to continue our title winning run then I've got a sneaky suspicion our desire to win trumps their ability to frustrate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.