Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Some of the slagging of Sterling in the ground is a bit over the top - but he is an incredibly frustrating player at times.

The bloke behind me was nearly having a stroke whenever we passed backwards. Tried to explain to him that it's needed to shift the players on the other team around but he was having none of itm
Sterling is infuriating at times but the abuse from some sections yesterday was unfair. His movements caused havoc at the back for them and created oceans of space for the likes of De Bruyne and Foden.

I think some people were a bit impatient with us passing it backwards but we had to do it because we were up against a very good team that closes down space well and has excellent shape and organisation without the ball.

It was a good performance but with poor finishing and costly defensive lapses.

Liverpool's midfield could not handle City yesterday, both Fabinho and Thiago struggled with the intensity and energy of City. Unfortunately, against most PL teams they don't face that quality and they have enough.

Just watching those again, how on earth did Thiago not get sent off!? All 3 of those were yellow cards.
Fabinho’s could have easily been a straight red. Not showing a reply on Jesus in the first half and also Jesus’ tackle back before Foden lashed it in the top corner is suspect too…

City stopped Liverpool's much vaunted '(although short by our standards) run of wins.
No media mention of this after it seemed such an important thing up to yesterday.
Hopefully their cup run will go for a Burton as well at weekend.

110% predictable. Battered them, we had 10 chances and scored 2; they had 2 chances and scored 2.

Also predictable was Sterling having 3 clear cut chances and missing all of them. If he had the strikers abilty of Mane or Jota, we win 5-2.
Not sure why Jota wasnt on our radar to sign. He’s absolute class. He would have scored 278 goals for us this season the amount of chances we create and miss.

Literally none of this is needed, just draw the line from the feet.....

When VAR came in the rule should have been amended because when it was just linesman there was no way they could make some of the calls that are coming out now - where half a players finger is offside and it just doesn't make sense.
Agree, my point really was to have a single fix spot that could be used. Having some kind of 'tag' then puts it in the hands of a machine rather than some biased tw@t.
Would just then need to sort when it left his boot. Can't belief the game I love has come to this bolloacks

57a8afd723cacee3ef849e20c27cb0c1.jpg

Maybe it’s that City are just…better than you?

Just watched that mahrez chance at the end. It clearly takes a deflection off matip. Without that deflection who knows what could have happened. Great defending tbf

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.