Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

He coughed up possession needlessly several times in dangerous areas. Subs are supposed to make an impact not come on to look pretty.
For balance he was on for 11 minutes.
Of course, a decent result in a good game and here you are with you pr usual nit picking and whining. You really don’t get much out of being a city fan do you.

Absolutely brilliant game of football. Feels like a defeat with the missed opportunity at the end. Have to be upbeat about that though we were brilliant today the effort the lads put into the game is phononemial. I thought we were the better side today the game should of been out of sight in the first half, We fell asleep for 10 minutes in the second half and got done with the goal.

The main thing is it's still in our own hands and i would have snapped your hand off for that before the game.
Any chance the Rags turning up at Anfield?

Fun open game. Pleased to maintain our lead, but disappointed not to extend to 4 given the quality and run of play. A handful of observations:

-Kevin’s passing, leadership, and effort were magnificent today. His service deserves better results and composure from his teammates.

-I’m pretty sure red teams are not permitted red cards. Fuck that dirty **** Thiago with three bang on yellows on Kev in 15 minutes. After the Robertson escape from justice in the away much, that’s a hell of an advantage to the Dippers.

-Chuffed for Gabriel for his goal, surprised and disappointed he passed on serving back to DeBruyne in the second half, but his lane may have been closed down.

-Ederson! Easy on the play in front of net.

-Kyle had a great game and was the key to our defensive composure.

-Dodgy overturn on Sterling’s goal. One of those In The gray zone that the refs have cover to call either way, but that never break against the Dips.

I really want the boys to smack these next week in the FA Cup.
If we had you in the side today Jamie it would be all over. Pep was crazy letting you move on.

Thought today was the first time we missed Dias since his injury. There was a lot of hesitancy in attacking the ball. Too often 2 City players left the ball to each other and Liverpool picked it up. Felt Dias would have given us a bit more aggression.

Thought we started well, Liverpool were all over the place. We stopped playing for a while until they equalised but turned it on again after that and should have scored more before half time.

Second half very poor for 15 minutes then woke again. Once again our decision making in the box isn’t good enough, Sterling, Jesus and Mahrez especially.

As with Anfield Liverpool extraordinarily lucky to finish the match with 11 men. Funny that.

We got Watford Brighton home Leeds away next in league they have United, Everton home Newcastle away 12 30 after champs league semi mid week. We win our next 3 the gap will be more than 1 point.

Cups for cock ups? - hopefully "Typical City" has been buried but it would not surprise me if both teams drop pints in the run-in

Teams put more of effort against us referees give us nowt so for me Liverpool are favourites now more clinical and Jota is the new keegan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.