Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important bits for me -

1. Clear lack of individual fitness and match sharpness throughout the team as evidenced by lack of shuttle running, not being first to loose balls and being easily knocked off the ball.

2. Players so used to a false 9 they were unsure how to play with a target man. Haaland made many a run but the pass wasn’t forthcoming.

3. Thought Haaland had a good debut. Got himself in the right place at the right time a few times. Fluffed his lines a bit but on another day they go in and he walks away with a couple of goals. Liked what I saw from him but needs to improve his fitness if we’re using him as a first press.

4. Alvarez looks a grafter and clever little player. Gives us something different.

5. Thought the dippers were pretty mediocre and the score line flattered them. No signs of them having changed anything about how they play / what they do. They were fitter / sharper and looked like they were further on in their preparations than us.

We need to get fitter and sharper and learn how to work with Haaland. Once we do that it’ll be normal service resumed.
Agree with a lot of that but Pep has already said we won’t change the way we play so I think Haaland is going to have to adapt rather than the rest of the team.

I t is cringe worthy embarrassing watching the Candlewaivers overdoing the celebrations after winning a Charity Shield.

Nunez is now ready apparently.

Last week he was lacking confidence and the knives were already out ...............fuck off.
He scored the goal and haaland missed a sitter. We are never going to hear the end of it for some time

Think the rule is if you’re putting your hand down to stop you falling and the balls hits it it’s not a pen
Not 100% on that but think so
Really? So you can dive forward, ground your hands, the ball hits and it's OK lol

I think the frustration mainly comes not only in losing to that lot, but the manner in which we played, especially when it comes to not utilising Haaland in the first half, and the poor passing/ball control throughout
As per the start of most seasons, we're currently way behind - we'll be cooking on gas come the important stuff.
As for losing today - mehh. I think we recently won a competition played over 38

Not for me fella, I’m a slightly overweight, White, middle aged man who’s proud to be English, happy to be British, a royalist (despite Cromwell riding through my manor) long live the queen!!
Straight or gay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.