Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you get out soon!

You can say, ah, fuck it, at least it was in this game not next week.
I don't think they'll open the roads till all the Liverpool fans are out and I'm worried they'll be organizing a open top coach like they did for their league cup. Might still be here for West Ham.

Disagree with the opening line. We were better for longer periods in the second half despite us playing a grand total of two pre-season frendlies.
Overall mate I've no complaints. They played well & I knew we'd come back into it at some point, but the pen did it for us.

We had long spells of possession in the second half, but the Dippers were just waiting to pick us off on the counter, knowing only Walker could keep pace with their wingers.

All in all we had attempts without really threatening, but it is what it is. That's our pre-season over with & the real business starts next week Sunday to WHU who will take encouragement from today.

I think Liverpool looked 2/3 weeks ahead of us which isn’t surprising when you consider our preseason.

It’s also important to remember that before today, Haaland has only had 45 minutes of football during preseason and you could tell.

Haaland will come good soon enough but I do think some people have unrealistic expectations of him.
We all have perfectly realistic expectations of him to score 30 goals this season if our midfielders PASS HIM THE FUCKING BALL

97mins of fitness work - job done now down to the real business.

Refs / VAR getting some great training in too and seem pretty much up to their normal levels already

Scousers handball - no pen ....... City handball - stonewall pen

I t is cringe worthy embarrassing watching the Candlewaivers overdoing the celebrations after winning a Charity Shield.

Nunez is now ready apparently.

Last week he was lacking confidence and the knives were already out ...............fuck off.

I can’t remember the last time I saw Rodri give the ball away that much. I think that sums up our readiness. Next week we’ll be fine.

They started well and look good but I doubt their squad is strong enough to last the season.

Think the rule is if you’re putting your hand down to stop you falling and the balls hits it it’s not a pen
Not 100% on that but think so
I was screaming for it! Fortunately we scored before the VAR check that would of took probably 10 minutes!

Need a big improvement for West Ham, want to see the energy of Foden and Alvarez for that game, the pressing up front before they came on was bang average compared to our normal standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.