Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next week it be the same team just because they need game time pep giving out players an extra rest wouldn’t of made much of a difference just because we rarely organise more than 3/4 preseason games while pep been manager!

The squad is too small, we got away with it last year but can’t expect to do it again.
We played a strong eleven and had five very good players on the bench ,, chuck in the potential of Palmer and i think we are near enough , maybe a top quailty natural left back is needed , all depends on the injuries if we get half a dozen big ones we might struggle.

Think the rule is if you’re putting your hand down to stop you falling and the balls hits it it’s not a pen
Not 100% on that but think so
Yep thats def the rule when going down on a block...but that's not a block as such so also not sure

I thought haaland was absolutely shite I thought he was better than that his first touch is awful Alvarez looked much better looks like a real typical Argentinian hope I'm wrong about haaland but I've been watching city for 45 years and that is the worst debut I've ever seen
I don’t know if that is the worse debut though but yeah his first touch is not up to standard but trust the process. If he is scoring goals no one would care.

Piss poor and disappointing but not unexpected. They live in our heads and aren't going anywhere soon. Hopefully other team's will help us out with them this season because I wouldn't rely on us to.

Fuckin gutted, but it is what it is & the better team on the day deservedly won...

We were well off the pace early doors & the Dippers came at us came at us like a runaway freight train, similar to their team of 4 years ago. The key to that is holding on for the first 30 mins, because if they take the lead, they'll sit on it & keep picking you off with lightning counters & that's exactly what they did.

I can't say any of our players stood out as there was no one who looked match fit enough to fight the fight on their own. Too many players not match ready the start of a season, but what's new hey? )(

Good to see Foden get some minutes & Alvarez is looking better every time I see him & he took his goal well. Having strikers in those opportune positions at crucial moments is exactly what we missed last season.

I've no gripes with the score, but the penalty (which it was) knocked the stuffing out of us, so the Nunez goal came as no surprise.

Nunez looks a frighting handful, so hopefully Haaland gets off the mark soon before all the comparisons between the two start, & it heaps pressure on his shoulders.

Finally that fuckin woman commentating did my head in! She's obviously a Scouse lover, because she had nothing but praise for them & little to say about us. I hope to never hear her again!

Roll on next Sunday!
Gutted? I couldn't care less. It's a meaningless friendly to everybody except the winners, and they were desperate to beat us.

Do you seriously think Haaland gives a toss what Nunez does? I don't know how anybody can compare two players based on one match, and one of them wasn't playing for most of it.

They were given a tough pre-season so they'll be knackered come the end of it, same as last year. It was mentioned several times that Guardiola likes to give his players as much rest as possible, THAT is why we've won 4 out of the last 5 Prem titles

Did Nunez get a yellow for taking his shirt off and is that logged as his first yellow for the season?
Can't believe he scored as 3 minutes earlier was signalling to come off with the worst injury ever before the season as even started.
Fuck me 5 mins on a training pitch with Klopp and it becomes an art form in feigning injury

Just this - he was waiting for passes / crosses that were not forthcoming. It is early days though and I am certain the service will come!
Me too. Kev needs to go 2019 and get those quick through balls going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.