Liverpool (N) - FA Cup - Sat 16th April, 15:30 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will win, but we need to finish them within 90 mins, we don’t have enough stamina for the extra time.

I just want for Ake to score in these kind of games and bring us trophy with his defending. He just needs that extra step to become our full-fledged left back. He played briliantly in the first leg, also last night.

Play Delap up front, give Liverpool a different thing to look at.

Our midfield is gassed and certainly not at the level it needs to be for running needed against Liverpool.

Brighton and Watford next week is more important now.

Jesus and Jack out wide, put Zin in.

Fern in the middle with who the fuck knows!!
Steffen
Ruben Laporte
Cancelo Ake
Dino
Gundagun Zinchenko
Palmer Jesus Jack

Eddy
Egan
Rodri
Lavia
Sterling
Bernardo
Phil
McAtee
Delap

I just want for Ake to score in these kind of games and bring us trophy with his defending. He just needs that extra step to become our full-fledged left back. He played briliantly in the first leg, also last night.
He really is. Heart of a lion last night.

The only kid who might have started is Cole Palmer, but because he's just back from injury I dont think he will either, think delap has got no chance from the start. Maybe he gets on for 5 minutes if we're chasing a goal at the end but can't see it apart from that.

I think Zinchenko is properly out of favour for some reason, and think Ake will play left back and we'll maybe see stones and dias for this? Or maybe stones and Laporte again and Dias has to wait his chance. Cancelo on the right. Midfield is grim, I think he has to play Ferna and rest Rodri based on the 2nd half last night. No chances with kev I'd imagine, so I think by default Gundo plays again with bernardo, who tbh we could do with resting as well, so maybe Foden drops into the 8 role and Gundo drops deep with Ferna. But tbh I think he'll just keep playing bernardo and rest him against watford or something.

front 3 is a bit easier, Grealish will def come in, not played much recently, as will Jesus and Sterling not starting vs Atleti means he can come back in here. Small chance Mahrez stays in ahead of Grealish but I just dont think he's the player for the liverpool fixture and neither will Pep. Foden could stay in the side either at the 8 or at the expense of Grealish or something but I think he'll be rested.

Will be a hard game tho after Liverpool getting to rest their key players, and they'll come at us hard first 30 I'd imagine.

I wouldn't be that bothered about this game if it was say for example West Ham or Arsenal we were playing.
But we know who its against and they were incredibly hard to listen to after a Carabao final win so what'll they be like if they win anything else this season?
City are going to be stretched, De Bruyne and Walker won't be playing i'd be pretty certain.
Could also see Rodri rested and maybe Foden or Silva also
Can Stones and Laporte start another game? Big game for Dias to come back into after 6 weeks out.

The team will probably be something like:

Steffen/Ederson
Cancelo Stones Dias Ake
Gundogan Fernandinho Silva
Jesus Sterling Grealish
Centre halves run the least in a team, so of course Laporte and Stones can play in this one and I'm certain they both want to
In the interview after the game last night, Stones wasn't even sweating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.