Liverpool or United - Which fixture is more important?

Liverpool is by far and away the most important, and Pep agrees too fortunately, however I think we just play full strength in every game now as it really is just 4 big games in 11 days. If a player gets injured or suffers fatigue then switch them out but fuck rotation at this point.

Liverpool is by far and away the most important, and Pep agrees too fortunately, however I think we just play full strength in every game now as it really is just 4 big games in 11 days. If a player gets injured or suffers fatigue then switch them out but fuck rotation at this point.

Spurs isn’t a big game if we win next Sat. 3 big games and if we can smash the scousers in the first leg it could realistically be two! All the top players will want to play in these games.

After the pony some of us older fans have had to put up with I can't criticise anyone that wants to win the league in front of them lot. At the start of the season I would snap your hand off if I had the option of winning the league against them, 100 times out of 100. Perhaps it's small time wanting to do that at the potential expense of going through in the CL. Obviously the league is done and the club needs CL wins to be regarded as one if the best but I still want to give it them lot. I want their knobhead fans to crawl back under whatever stone they come from. I would struggle to argue this point to anyone who sees different it's just the way I see it. I'm still scared from coming home from that Liverpool 2-2 when we needed to win and seeing those fuckers celebrate another league championship win, oh and the banner.

Hate it when people say we should go full strength, Aguero didn't play yesterday and Mendy is yet to come back, we also played a central defender at left back yesterday until Danilo came on so we aren't at full strength at all. We shouldn't be resting anyone, these lads aren't old ladies made of glass and the chance of them getting injured or knackered is low given the rest and time we have between the games now.

The benefit we have is the subs we can call on are strong so Pep can afford to game manage the risk which is why he hauled KDB and Sterling off yesterday.

Shows how far we have come and the expectations we have that beating United to win the league isn’t even the biggest game of the week, let alone the season.

Let's face it the League is in the bag. Would love to win it against the Rags, but I really want to win the CL as Pep does. If we beat Liverpool we have a real chance, thus Liverpool for me.

Agree with this, big teams want to win on all fronts and we are a big team.

Pep’s never put out a team he doesn’t think will win the game in front of them, Saturday won’t be any different.

I think the issue here is that this scenario (the league) may never come round again in our lifetime to win it against the Rags.
Fact is a lot of our players have had the best of 2 weeks rest so tiredness shouldn't come into it.
I fear If Pep makes too many changes and with them having a weeks rest will harm our chances.
Hopefully 2 or 3 changes max and some big guns kept on the bench.
Surely most of our players will want to play in this and not be rested?

I'm torn.

But who can forget.......

Manchester-_United-fans-di-001.jpg

Winning the PL title against United would be unbelievable. It would kill them, just like Serg's 93:20 goal has done.

But, if City want to be regarded as one of the biggest and best clubs in the World, we have to start winning the CL.

And in the process, it would come with a big f*** off to UEFA, the now departed Platini, Gill, Hoeneß(Bayern) United, Liverpool and their fans.

So, both for me. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.