Liverpool or United - Which fixture is more important?

All season long, we've been labelled the best team in Europe, now we have to prove it. It's the one taunt Manshited have over us.
If our "second" best 11 lose or draw the derby then every man and his dog will know we weren't at full strength so any crowing from Stretford is pathetic.
I have a feeling the 'shites might try and kick some of our best players of the park before our return with the Albert Docks Gang, but difficult for their fans to know who they want to win.
I've watched City win league titles, FA Cups, League Cups, get relegated, win at OT. The CL is the only thing lacking.
I've been supporting MC since the mid-1950's so don't anyone dare tell me my views mean I'm not a real fan

Me too mate

I want to crush those out of town imposters,evictors & rancid meat sellers until theyre gurgling their last breath and pleading for mercy.

I owe it to my late Father's memory cos he loathed the vile tramps with a passion.

IF....IF....what a day to tell your grandchildren about. I don't intend to slip the mortal coil anytime yet,but what a memory....IF....IF

I'm torn.

But who can forget.......

Manchester-_United-fans-di-001.jpg

Winning the PL title against United would be unbelievable. It would kill them, just like Serg's 93:20 goal has done.

But, if City want to be regarded as one of the biggest and best clubs in the World, we have to start winning the CL.

And in the process, it would come with a big f*** off to UEFA, the now departed Platini, Gill, Hoeneß(Bayern) United, Liverpool and their fans.

So, both for me. :-)
With you on this,But what would hurt the rags more,them drawing/beating us in the PL Derby or us going on lifting Old Big Ears..

I will get as much pleasure knocking european royalty out of the champions league as winning the title against the not in my lifetimers. However the downside of losing against Liverpool is far worse than delaying our coronation by a couple of games.
So it has to be Liverpool.

Liverpool

Pep thinks that and I’m sure the players do too, particularly with the League already won. What player worth his salt wouldn’t want the chance to play at the highest level in the CL semis and maybe the final.

I totally respect the passion of those who think otherwise. But maybe think of it like this. Wouldn’t the rags be delighted to think we would prefer to beat them in a dead rubber rather than progress to play against the big boys?

That is something (well another thing) that I love above Guardiola. He wants to win every game so you would imagine/hope that he won’t take his foot of the pedal.

Nevertheless he has been crystal clear more than once recently (which is quite unusual for him) regarding City's priorities in the matches ahead. This shouldn't even be a question, I mean it's fucking unbelievable. This team and these players have worked their asses out throughout the season to put City in such a position. It's an advantage we cannot throw away, it would be idiotic...

City have won the league, this objective has been achieved. Period. Now we should give everything for the CL, a very important front where this club needs desperately to build a tradition so as to cement a status. Guardiola insists the line-up vs United will comply with the necessities of the CL QF. Which is so obvious, I mean it really doesn't need any further explanation, does it?

Of course we are talking about Guardola's City so what you write is 100% correct: He does want to win every game, players are "educated" this way under his command. Which means whoever is selected for the United game will give their very best. And fans should support and applaud the players regardless of the result. We should not forget what this team has achieved this season, they've already made history. If, I repeat, if they don't win it mathematically on Saturday, nobody should even give a fuck. On the contrary, they should be generous towards players and manager, they fully deserve it...

PS. By the way, how uncomfortable should the average United fan feel realising City's current situation? Who have reached a position where this derby is literally a nothing game? Pretty embarrassing, wouldn't you agree? And how about Mourinho? The guy is facing a nightmare. Getting humiliated by City's "reserves"? That could make him and his players even more nervous. Whatever team Guardiola fields on Saturday, the pressure is clearly on United...

By the way, how uncomfortable should the average United fan feel realising City's current situation? Who have reached a position where this derby is literally a nothing game? Pretty embarrassing, wouldn't you agree?
That is the most eye opening part of all this for me.

Honestly, we should rest key players against the rags. It doesn’t matter whether we win the league on Saturday or in 3 or 4 saturdays. The league is over, all that matters now is the champions league.
Sure, it's no problem to see PEG and the rest of his rags celebrating at the Etihad and gloating about how they'll be champions next year. (Eyeroll)

When you can beat the rags you beat the rags. When you can humiliate the rags you humiliate the rages. And when you can win the league in front of the rags you win the league in front of the rags fer fuck's sake.

Liverpool by a mile, the title is in the bag, if not on Saturday then not too long after. If one or two players are struggling after Wednesday, give them a rest against utd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.