Liverpool or United - Which fixture is more important?

Silly question lose 10-0 to rags we will still be champions. Lose 1-0 to Liverpool over two legs we are out. We MUST win champions league to evolve into a true super club.

Liverpool is our biggest rivals for one week only. Yes it would be fuckin unbelievable to win the league against those arrogant tosses next Saturday but for the first time in my 40 + years as a blue I don't have that sense of dread if we lose. In fact we could display the ultimate insult by playing a weakened team against them giving the impression that the derby
was insignificant . So if we lose , it's just a delaying the inevitable. However if we win we can truly laugh our bollox off at the trafford massive

The Rags, couldn't give a shit about the fuckin "chumps league" *

* But would be nice to beat the bin dipper candle lovin scouse ****s.

I really think us winning the champions league would hurt the rags more than us winning the league against them, they have come to terms with us winning the league and us doing it on Saturday would hurt but think they are ready for it.
Winning the c/l is another step to moving way ahead of them and them becoming an irrelevance, thinking about it resting 2 or 3 players and saying we dont care that much might hurt them more, especially if we still win.
Of course by the time Saturday comes around I will have changed my mind totally, so I wouldnt listen to a word my rational side has said.

I really think us winning the champions league would hurt the rags more than us winning the league against them, they have come to terms with us winning the league and us doing it on Saturday would hurt but think they are ready for it.
Winning the c/l is another step to moving way ahead of them and them becoming an irrelevance, thinking about it resting 2 or 3 players and saying we dont care that much might hurt them more, especially if we still win.
Of course by the time Saturday comes around I will have changed my mind totally, so I wouldnt listen to a word my rational side has said.

Liverpool isn’t a very good proposition for them either! It’s a lose lose!

It`s a shame the CL games are Wednesday to Tuesday. Tuesday to Wednesday would have been much much better.
For me it`s Liverpool, until Saturday, then it`s the Rags. Players will be rested for the derby, but we have the squad to rotate.
Full strength as per Everton yesterday for Wednesday (except possibly Danilo for Laporte), and then in comes Bernardo, Laporte, Stones, Aguero, Gundogun, even Yaya, and an outside chance of game time for Mendy.
We have the better, bigger squad than the Scousers, and therefore we can afford to rotate.
Let`s win all 3 of the 90 minutes.

Our performances this season when we've rested 4 or 5 key players have been poor. Wolves, Bristol City twice, Shakhtar (a), Basel (h), Wigan. Admittedly those games were low key or dead rubbers, and the replacements might raise their game for united. But there's no evidence to believe that we can replace 4 or 5 key players and beat united. They're "key" players for a reason.

Rest Kompany (unless we've hammered Liverpool), rotate one or two, but substantially our strongest team.

I think Kompany will want to play against the Rags.

Much as i despite anything Rag , i would take a defeat against the scum for a Champions league Sem-Final , we have a few games to tie up the title but the 1st leg at Klanfield is possibly our most important game of the season so far , we need a minimum score draw or a 2-1,3-2,4-3 defeat and we will do them back at the Etihad.

Lost to Utd and no matter what else happens this season they will crow about it. I feel we have a unique and incredibly difficult opportunity to change the way we are viewed as a club forever by any of our domestic rivals. Beat Liverpool and win the title against Utd and we not only overcome a hoodoo that has plagued us for years but we do something truly humbling to Utd. I’d take a score draw at Anfield and beat Utd before spanking the dippers at home. Destiny is calling us in these next three fixtures I hope that we play to our potential because if we do then we become truly great in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.