Liverpool or United - Which fixture is more important?

I think the answer to the question "which fixture is more important?" has to be "Liverpool". Its a knock out tie, we will still win the league if we don't beat united, etc, etc.

But many seem to be adding a rider to the answer: "Liverpool... therefore we should rest our best players against united". I just dont agree with that. Beating United would be the ideal preparation for the 2nd leg against Liverpool. For me the mental benefits of clinching the title should outweigh the fatigue of the extra game for our better players. Or, put the other way, the anti climax of not clinching the title could take the wind out of our sails when we play Liverpool.

Of course we need to assess the players, see if any are "in the red zone", not take chances with injuries. There must be a doubt over Kompany's ability to play 4 games in 11 days (although it seems to me that most of his injuries occur early in games so I'm not sure if fatigue is a major factor). But I wouldn't rest any of of our better players just so that they will be fresher for the Liverpool game. Adrenaline (and euphoria from winning the league) will get them through both games.

Much as i despite anything Rag , i would take a defeat against the scum for a Champions league Sem-Final , we have a few games to tie up the title but the 1st leg at Klanfield is possibly our most important game of the season so far , we need a minimum score draw or a 2-1,3-2,4-3 defeat and we will do them back at the Etihad.

Lose to the rags acceptable.....never,Never,NEVER !!

You're losing your grimbles Jimmy.

IF.....it will be in the history books for eternity & will probably never happen again !!

I will settle for a draw midweek, then batter the rags on the sat, because for all their glory years they thought it was big of them to humiliate city and are fans by having that fcking clock and even the hierarchy at that club thought it was funny, so I want us to win and ram that down their throats for years to come, and then beat the scousers the following week, this is all I want.

say to the main players bar injury you will be playing 3 times in the next week, the adrenalin for those 3 games should be enough to get us through, i can see us winning all 3 games ,however I think we will get a thumping v spurs,but that's ok.

The last 3 games that were of a similar level to these next 3 are Arsenal, Arsenal and Chelsea. I was nervous in the lead up to them and we won all 3. Im nervous leading up to these 3, but im hoping and praying for thee same outcome.

There's no need to go crazy with the changes IMO. The next three games are all about momentum and we've got the perfect motivation for each one.

I'd start Bernardo, Komps and Jesus at Anfield and Sterling, Stones and Kun for the derby. Other than that I'd keep the team exactly the same.
That's how I see it too. He'll make 2 or 3 changes but no more than that. And the midfield 3 will likely play all of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.